Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Greetings from newbie

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by Clintok, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Clintok

Good evening all,

I am new to this forum and relatively new to the hobby. I have been flying intro RC planes as well as collective pitch micro helicopters for a couple of years now.

I recently purchased a Blade nano QX which is a micro quad chopper to see if I liked it, and haven't put it down since. I love it.

The reason I purchase it was to see whether I would enjoy the platform, with the goal of buying something big such as the DJI Phantom 2 or the Blade 350 QX.

I already have a Hero3+ go pro (silver), so I don't want to buy another camera. I do want the gimbal though.

Can any of you provide any insight to a new member like me on why you would chose the Phantom 2 over the Blade 350 QX.

Also, can you share any things with me that you wished an experienced person would have shared with you before you jumped in?

I do appreciate the time and though of you all, I will continue to peruse the forums, but I wanted direct conversation to start with.

Many thanks indeed,
    Clintok

2. OverheadAerial

Welcome and good luck. I didn't build my P2, I bought a kit from DSLRPros and I know nothing about the Blade 350. But I love my P2.

3. Buckaye

Welcome! Can't comment on the blade... But the Phantom is awesome :) The biggest drawback I have heard about the Phantom is their customer service. But in terms of the device... The Phantom is pretty amazing IMO