Greetings from Maine

Reaction score
New to this board, but have been a P3A owner since July. Doing aerial photography for real estate on the side of my FT job and hoping to make the leap to FT once the final FAA rules come out and I can figure out what I need to do to meet those new rules.

Just saying hello. My website is www.mainelyaerials.com if anyone is interested in checking out my work. Be nice, I'm still learning!

Cheers,

Jason

Welcome to the forum Jason, I hope you find the information you find valuable, and don't hesitate to share if you have any valuable information yourself. I have checked out your website and it is awesome you are able to make some money on the side and you have a website up, congratulations. A small tip I would like to offer is to get a professional set of filters, some of your shots have an over-exposed sky. A graduated ND filter will help with that. I have yet to order my set of these filters but they are supposedly the best money can buy for your Phantom:

The professional filter set for the Phantom 3 | Page 13 | DJI Phantom Forum

I just got my P3P in November and opted to get batteries first and barely ordered a backpack but if they are still in stock my next order is going to be for a set of filters from @Rainbowers. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Rainbowers
New to this board, but have been a P3A owner since July. Doing aerial photography for real estate on the side of my FT job and hoping to make the leap to FT once the final FAA rules come out and I can figure out what I need to do to meet those new rules.

Just saying hello. My website is www.mainelyaerials.com if anyone is interested in checking out my work. Be nice, I'm still learning!

Cheers,

Jason

Welcome Jason - I am new to this site and Phantom flying also! Very nice website you have as to your growing business - best of luck with making that "leap" to FT - hey if you can do that and make a good living doing so - that would be great! Nothing beats working at doing something you love to do!

I had a look at your testimonials (impressive)! I also looked at your portfolio as to photos and vids. I am curious on the videos however as to listing the addresses of these with the accompanied video? I can see that for the relators use for promoting a property but just seems odd (IMO only) for that to be with the vids on your site - thoughts or reasons?

I noticed on your site a photo of a high voltage tower and the insulators (under "Inspections" folder. Have you done any Thermal Imaging with regard to those? Also did you experience any EMI when flying close to the towers?

I ask as to thermal imaging since part of my vibration business is, I do thermal imaging with a Flir hand-held camera and have been looking into the Flir/DJI combination for doing aerial Thermal Imaging when needed - would really like to add that ( aerial IR) to my own business site.

Happy safe flying and again best of luck with your leap to FT as to your business!

To be honest, I recently thought I probably shouldn't list the address on the videos as well. I do share those videos with the realtors as their link to potential buyers, but I agree I probably should re-think listing the whole address on the videos. Good tip! Thanks.

I was a bit nervous doing that job close to the power lines/towers, but my P3A did fine with no interference. But I was sweating bullets the whole time I was in the air. I may have even given my P3A a nice big hug when it returned safely.

Jason - lol on the "sweating bullets" when doing the high voltage tower shots. I hear ya and this was my concern as to EMI. I get EMI when using my vibration analyzer sensors on or near high voltage transformers or even rotating equipment near those spots and have to shield the sensor to remove or lower the EMI effect.

I was thinking of a shield for the RC with the Phantom - however I realized that by doing that, the signal to the Phantom would be degraded - so forget that. Good to hear you had no issues with the P3A (same unit I have). Not a cheap combo for the DJI/Flir thermal imaging set up yikes!

Hope that winter storm headed your way misses you or is not as bad as predicted!

Bob

Are you a pilot or are you hiring s pilot to hold the controls when oh shoot commercially?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik