Greetings from Dallas Texas

Reaction score
Although I have been a pilot for some time, I am new to this forum. Enjoy the conversations, tips and ideas. Is there anyone else out there earning a living with their drones?

BIG D FILMS

Last edited:
Can't use them for commercial use unless you have a 333 exemption and meet those requirements. With that you have to be a licensed pilot also.
Check out the last four lines of the guidelines.
FAA Giidelines
Model aircraft operations are for hobby or recreational purposes only.
The FAA has partnered with several industry associations to promote Know Before You Fly, a campaign to educate the public about using unmanned aircraft safely and responsibly. Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:
* Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
* Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
* Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
* Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
* Don't fly near people or stadiums
* Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
* Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft
The statutory parameters of a model aircraft operation are outlined in Section 336 of Public Law 112-95 (the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012) (PDF). Individuals who fly within the scope of these parameters do not require permission to operate their UAS; any flight outside these parameters (including any non-hobby, non-recreational operation) requires FAA authorization. For example, using a UAS to take photos for your personal use is recreational; using the same device to take photographs or videos for compensation or sale to another individual would be considered a non-recreational operation.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, we are in the process of getting our 333 Exemption. It is a major undertaking, but will be well worth the efforts. That is why I asked if there were others that are 333 Exempt.

BIG D FILMS

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20