Green screen

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening - see the attached screenshot. (the low battery warning has no bearing on it doing this). Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Phantom.png
    Phantom.png
    991.9 KB · Views: 696
I'd try a different tablet/phone. This looks like a compression artefact, caused either by transmission issue or mobile device.

Also check if "Force GPU rendering" in tablet settings affects this.

When you will rule out the mobile device issue, then remaining possibilities are RF tranmission issue or USB transmission issue.

btw, I'm assuming the movie is recorded OK on SD-card.

If you are having the same transmission issues outside, you may want to go into your image transmission settings in the app, look for an inference free channel and custom select it. Not sure what sort of device you are using but also make sure nothing else is running in the background when using the go app.

If you are on Android and using the latest version of the firmware on the controller, try rolling back from 1.8 to 1.6.

I'm using an iPad Mini early gen. I haven't been able to try the suggested fixes just yet. Thank you for your help!
That mini iPad may be the problem. Those older ipads may not have the processing power needed with the resource hog of the latest app.

The first iPad mini just don't have the guts to run video at that resolution. Anything from the mini 2 and up will run just fine. Just got a mini 4 and but haven't used it to fly yet. But I'm sure it will have no problems

I use an iPad mini 4. It works flawlessly every time all the time.

I have an old iPhone 6s that is unused. I am going to start using it for FPV goggles with Litchi.

My iPhone 6s works great,, no pics ,,nothing on it but,,DJI,litchi,phantom pilots,,no service ,,I use it wirelessly,,airplane mode,,,just too small to see details for photographs ,,,with goggles it works good,,,but its iPad Air for me,,

That mini iPad may be the problem. Those older ipads may not have the processing power needed with the resource hog of the latest app.
I have an iPad Mini 4 - same problem. It would seem that the higher you set the transmission rate (example: 10 Mbps), the faster the data would appear on your screen thereby rendering a clear image. I find that is not the case, so I'll go the other way and see if that helps. Does shooting in 4k contribute to the problem??

The app that presents the most pronounced issue is "Autopilot" (by Autoflight Logic). I would estimate that the green artifact is present at least 80% of the time when using this app. I am careful to make sure my antennas are perpendicular to the P4P (as recommended).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik