Green, red, green, red

Reaction score
Hello phantom pilots,

I am a new phantom pilot from Turkey. I was very happy with my phantom last two weeks after I bought until last weekend.
Here is the story :
I had more than 10 flights without any problem. I used the GPS flying mode all the time.
This weekend when I tried to fly again as usual, after 1 green and 2 red flashing (not enough satellite) and 6 quick green flashing (home point stored) it started to blink 1 green and 1 red. I waited around 10 mins but it was still 1 green 1 red. (IOC off, GPS mode on the tx)
1. Power reset several times, same sequence same result.
2. Compass calibration, same sequence same result.
3. Replace batteries of tx, same sequence same result.
4. Import basic parameters, advanced calibration, compass calibration, no errors on Naza Software, same sequence, same result.

I contacted dji support of europe, they sent me a manual which consists the meanings of signals however there is no signal green,red,green,red on the manual.

I can start the motors but really afraid to fly with this issue because I could not find any info regarding this signal so do not know what to do.

It would be very appreciated if you can share any information if you had the same or similar issue.

Thank you.

Mete

From what I know green-red means simply that you have 5 satellites locked (also in Naza mode set in your assistant software). when you get 6 satellites, red disappears totally. but from my humble experience having 5 satellites is practically the same thing. Sometimes in my area I also can't get 6 satellites and have red-green signal. but I fly it about the same way as with 6. if I would have signal for no satellites - I would simply fly more carefully as it would not hoover in one spot, or not return to you automatically. But all flight functions are still operative manually. so, with green-red I would fly without being worried. and perhaps tomorrow or in a different spot you will get green only again. Good luck.

Not that this is the the problem, but if you have opened up the Phantom and removed any connectors from the Naza, and then reconnect them wrong by reversing the compass and the LED connectors, you will get a Red-Green flashing sequence... I obviously found this out by having a moment myself with this mistake. Just a mention.

Hiway said:
Not that this is the the problem, but if you have opened up the Phantom and removed any connectors from the Naza, and then reconnect them wrong by reversing the compass and the LED connectors, you will get a Red-Green flashing sequence... I obviously found this out by having a moment myself with this mistake. Just a mention.

Dear Holoboss,
I don't think it is the number of the sats. It could always find enough sats in 2 minutes at the same point. I did wait tens of minutes at the different times of the day at the same point. Still got the same result.

Dear Hiway,
I did not dismantle anything yet :)
I can see numbers between 1200 to 2000 in the mod section of compass in the software.

This is the signal i am getting
https://www.dropbox.com/s/adj3akkx7c3wr ... .01.38.mov

Hi Mguvercin

Did you get 1 set of rapid flashing green or 2 sets.

In GPS mode you should get 2 sets. The first set of rapid flashing green just means basically that the Phantom has worked that its on a level surface and where North is etc, it doesn't mean it has enough satellites to get a full Home Position.

If you are not getting the 2nd set rapid flashing green, then your Phantom is not getting enough accurate satellite data.

Are you trying this in an open area where the Phantom has a large clear view of the sky?

I guess its possible that the GPS unit in the Phantom is defective.

Another long shot is that someone in your area is jamming GPS signals. Do you have a car GPS, or anything else that you could use to check your gps coverage

Mguvercin said:

Ok... that is not what I saw when I goofed, and since you didn't crack it, then that is ruled out. Mr. Clark is a savvy troubleshooter, and makes a pretty good point.

As for the sequence from my reference, it is a very steady back and forth red-green, so yours does not look like what I mentioned.

Dear Hiway, RogerClark and Holoboss,

This morning I tried the same sequence in the same place and this time it worked like a charm :)
I did not do anything special or additional.

I believe the weather affected the satellite catch :)

Thank you very much for your interest.

I wish nice flights to you all :)

Mete

Yep at times GPS coverage can go down to 5 sattelites, and occasionally up to 13.

when i get 5 sattelites and a home point stored, I take upp and let it ohover about 20m straight up and it usually finds another sattelite on the horizon somewhere once its clear of trees and buildings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20