Greater Toronto Area

Newbie FC 40 owner, just saying Hi folks, looking for other Phantom pilots to fly with and exchange tips in the GTA and Mississauga area

Just joined the FB Group - I'm in Oshawa.

Checking in from the Brampton area!

New P4 owner, looking for local meet up.

Going to be flying around professor's lake this Friday, weather permitted.

Cheers!

Hey I noticed that there are quite a few Phantom Owners within the Toronto area and there really is not social media group for said pilots, so I went ahead and created a Facebook group, feel free to join in and share your experiences with your local "pilot" community!

需要安全验证

--

I would be into this - I bought one for myself for Xmas, live in Burlington next to the beautiful Niagara Escarpment - loads of places to fly around here but of course cognizant of a no-fly zones. A get together and group fly would be fun - once I get the hang of it.. :)

Better get those flights in soon. The Fiberals are about to ruin it for everyone.

Toronto area as well here. Noticed social media is lacking a bit for us.

Has anyone here organized or participated in a Phantom/quadcopter meetup in the GTA?

I have not been to any meetups as of yet, only got my p4 before Christmas. Once the weather gets better in a month or so I will organize something.

If anyone has any suggestions for a good place let me know. Ideally, from the looks of the locations somewhere central for everyone would be good.

Cheers,

J

If we're following Transport Canada's rules and regulations regarding UAV civilian aviation - the only place in the GTA where we could legally fly would be mid-Scarborough area such as the Scarborough bluffs (which I'm totally up for btw).

Phantom 3 4K owner here, recently got the Mavic as well.

I normally fly around Mississauga/Oakville area. It's good to know there are plenty phantom owners around!

Phantom 3 4K owner here, recently got the Mavic as well.

I normally fly around Mississauga/Oakville area. It's good to know there are plenty phantom owners around!
Nice to meet ya! Whereabouts in Mississauga/Oakville do you fly? I'm finding it a bit tough to fly in an area of the GTA that's Transport Canada compliant.

I mainly fly in the parks along side lakeshore area, from Jack Darling of Mississauga all the way to Burlington. I fly above the lake 80% of the time. I've been flying like this for 4 month now, and so far no complaints. It does help a lot that I work from home, thus being able to avoid the crowds most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I mainly fly in the parks along side lakeshore area, from Jack Darling of Mississauga all the way to Burlington. I fly above the lake 80% of the time. I've been flying like this for 4 month now, and so far no complaints. It does help a lot that I work from home, thus being able to avoid the crowds most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
That's brave, I'm still hesitant to fly mine anywhere near water let alone the lake. o_O

I work from home as well but I live 0.4km (to be precise) from Billy Bishop, so definitely well within a heavy no-fly zone. :(

That's brave, I'm still hesitant to fly mine anywhere near water let alone the lake. o_O

I work from home as well but I live 0.4km (to be precise) from Billy Bishop, so definitely well within a heavy no-fly zone. :(

Billy Bishop literately ruined the Toronto poster shot for all of us! Gotta do some driving every time you yearn for some flying huh? What's your favorite spot?

Actually I found flying above lake the safest. You get excellent field of view, no obstacle, and barely any signal interruption. As long as you don't mess with the gulls of course! Had to kick in the sport mode in order to get away from a bunch of angry gulls. They probably thought my Mavic want a piece of their bread.

It is rather rare to find a big open area without trees in GTA, and I'm terrified to fly without line of sight.

Billy Bishop literately ruined the Toronto poster shot for all of us! Gotta do some driving every time you yearn for some flying huh? What's your favorite spot?

Actually I found flying above lake the safest. You get excellent field of view, no obstacle, and barely any signal interruption. As long as you don't mess with the gulls of course! Had to kick in the sport mode in order to get away from a bunch of angry gulls. They probably thought my Mavic want a piece of their bread.

It is rather rare to find a big open area without trees in GTA, and I'm terrified to fly without line of sight.
You're telling me! It's such a pain that I need to drive out to the 'burbs to clock a flight everytime. Worst part is that the office I work at is less than a km away from Buttonville Municipal Airport (I know, aviation seems to follow me wherever I go). I might give flying around the lake a shot in a couple of weeks. Still a new flyer to the P3S so I'm sticking to land flights for now in Scarberia. :(

We definitely should organize a meet up or something along those line with the rest of the members here on PP who are from the GTA. I feel like we'd have a pretty great time and capture some good aerial footage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20