Great website for showing how windy it is...

Looks visually impressive, but the data does not appear to be in realtime.

Why not try this one for your location.
Google

I have a reliable Davis weather station at home and the website the OP posted is spot on at the moment. I will keep checking it to see how accurate it is.

I have a reliable Davis weather station at home and the website the OP posted is spot on at the moment. I will keep checking it to see how accurate it is.
Same here, have a Davis vantage vue which is linked to weather underground app.

My favourite is

Wind Map - Britain Observations

I use it a lot when I go out in my boat - it has data from buoys as well showing wave height etc.

I discovered I happen to live in probably the windiest place in Britain gggrrrrrr. Not so good for boats or P3s. Maybe I should take up stamp collecting or something!!!
I know the felling , here at the top of a hill in the sticks of CAMBRIDGESHIRE. Happy flying

Reactions: CloudsNeverDie

How's that working for you out in the field TJ?? :)

How's that working for you out in the field TJ?? :)
was-that-sarcasm.jpg

I was commenting on comparing my live data to the aforementioned web site and how it appeared accurate.
Since the components are wireless and have a solar/battery option, I suppose you could use it in the field, but who wants to lug a 20' pole around with them? :D

I live in Arizona. I just look out the window. Yep, another beautiful day. No wind, no clouds, beautiful blue sky for miles, no rain, girls in short shorts 11 months of the year...Sorry just had to chime in.;)

I live in Arizona. I just look out the window. Yep, another beautiful day. No wind, no clouds, beautiful blue sky for miles, no rain, girls in short shorts 11 months of the year...Sorry just had to chime in.;)
C'mon... I know better. Sun every day, yeah, you've got that but people start putting on thick winter jackets this month till May! And you must live in the 'windless' part of the state as there is plenty of wind blowing all that dust around! :p:D
See ya in about 10 days AZ!

Reactions: CloudsNeverDie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31