Great until firmware update

Reaction score
My p3 keeps advising to calibrate. Responds with too much magnetic field in area. Never had this problem before. Reinstalled app/update, same problem :(

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you try to calibrate the compass outside away from any metal objects?

FYI, the DJI GO app will show that message if you're near metal objects. Once you move away, you might find it does not even need to be calibrated at that point. But, if you've never done it, you should do it before your first flight.

yep standing by a car will due it real quick

Thanks, for your replies! I've flown it many times from the same locations! Guess I'll regretfully contact tech support.

Thanks, for your replies! I've flown it many times from the same locations! Guess I'll regretfully contact tech support.

I wouldn't run off to tech support until I had tried a calibration in an open area. Middle of an oval or field would be a good choice.

You may need to degauss the compass. What is the exact error message?

Same problem. Contacted tech-support. Worse experience, ever!!!!!!!!! So thankful that I didn't purchase the Pro! $500 waste is easier to swallow.

Same problem. Contacted tech-support. Worse experience, ever!!!!!!!!! So thankful that I didn't purchase the Pro! $500 waste is easier to swallow.

How have you wasted $500?

Have you tried the calibration in an open area?

If you can't or don't want to go to the effort of getting to a solution I'm sure someone here or elsewhere will buy the bird as is. Replacing the compass isn't an expensive or particularly complex procedure if that is what's needed.

Did you calibrate IMU right after upgrading the firmware? The compass won't calibrate if IMU is not calibrated.

Yes, discovered the IMU calibration YouTube video just before your post, tried it today, and it corrected the problem. I can't believe during my hour+ long tech support chat, they didn't suggest that. Anyway, thanks everyone for your assistance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic