Great news ref the latest firmware DJI......

Gents is it safe to upgrade now? I want to upgrade the RC and the app too i am on 2.30 and previus FW on RC. I read on the DJI forum that guys with android upgraded and it was ok but then they got the disconnections that u spoke of. I am on an android tablet.

Mine was doing the same thing. For no reason. I'll check my settings as well.

Gents is it safe to upgrade now? I want to upgrade the RC and the app too i am on 2.30 and previus FW on RC. I read on the DJI forum that guys with android upgraded and it was ok but then they got the disconnections that u spoke of. I am on an android tablet.

Apart from the issues crashing I have also experienced a reduction in range after latest RC update. Bear in mind after you install this update you can no longer downgrade. This wouldn't bother me so much apart from I enjoyed pushing the range boundaries. I'm currently trying to find a RC on eBay which has the old firmware still!

Reactions: Mr.Spock
The new RC firmware has caused nothing but problems, I tried all versions of the Go app back to 2.0 and none of them work, so I doubt it is the app. In version 2.0, it won't even connect to the video at all, in 2.2 it connects to the video, but drops the signal and then takes FOREVER to re-connect. In 2.3 it keeps disconnecting, probably a dozen times in 5 minutes, and in 2.4 it does the same thing, it just re-connects faster. The new RC firmware is the problem...I never had any of these issues with the last RC firmware... :(

The new RC firmware has caused nothing but problems, I tried all versions of the Go app back to 2.0 and none of them work, so I doubt it is the app. In version 2.0, it won't even connect to the video at all, in 2.2 it connects to the video, but drops the signal and then takes FOREVER to re-connect. In 2.3 it keeps disconnecting, probably a dozen times in 5 minutes, and in 2.4 it does the same thing, it just re-connects faster. The new RC firmware is the problem...I never had any of these issues with the last RC firmware... :(

Agreed. In previous RC firmware you could insert a reset bin file that allowed you to downgrade. It's not compatible with the latest firmware (at least not on my RC). Would be great if a new reset file became available!

The previous RC and app firmware on iOS 8 was bullet proof for me, hope it gets sorted soon.

FlyNfrank is it safe to upgrade now? I want to upgrade the RC and the app too i am on 2.30 and previus FW on RC. I read on the DJI forum that guys with android upgraded and it was ok but then they got the disconnections that u spoke of.

I personally do not like what I have read with issues on the most recent combo. I'm currently using 2.10 app, and 1.4.0010 a/c firmware, and 1.3.2 r/c firmware.

I promise that anyone reading this would pay to get back to the setup they had prior to upgrading that ran into less distance and/or poor video reception.

It's an extremely nice feeling when you launch your aircraft and not have to be in fear that it might drop out of the sky like others have reported.

I'm getting ready to start another dji P3 beta project which will consist of installing both app version and aircraft firmware. This will likely be the last upgrade going into next year. Now that is a just guess on it being the last update because you never know. We were asked how often should there be a update, and I selected the box for every two weeks. I gave that answer because there are times when you or others run into a problem that doesn't get addressed until the next update. I just happened to experience this myself earlier this year when went to the 1.2.6 firmware. I waited like 6 or more weeks for a fix. And actually this is when I hooked up with a guy and he was able to figured out how to load the older firmware again.

I would continue waiting for either a fix for the current combo, or wait for the next update.

What's so bad about it?? Has worked flawlessly on mine. And my shell is fine too.
Same here; FW v1.4.0100, and first flight on Go v2.4.0 yesterday. No probs.

Last edited:
Apart from the issues crashing I have also experienced a reduction in range after latest RC update. Bear in mind after you install this update you can no longer downgrade. This wouldn't bother me so much apart from I enjoyed pushing the range boundaries. I'm currently trying to find a RC on eBay which has the old firmware still!
Are many people seeing a range reduction? I have been holding off on the RC update. I want to keep my 3 mile stock range.

I'd like to upgrade to iOS 9.1 from 8.4 (iPhone 6) but I am not ready to make the jump on the recent DJI updates. Any problem doing that?

I would categorically say hold off. I wish I had. Definitely reduced my range by 40%. If you do update your firmware please advise of changes to your range :-/

How far have you gone out? Have you taken it all the way to loss of reception?
I'm not a massive range flyer, so generally the furthest I'll go is between 1.5 and 2 km. At those distances I've not noticed any difference - I suppose if you're stretching further the differences must kick in. Having said that, I made an exception the other day as I was in an elevated open area and got to 3km, but that was a one off for me. Never done a range test though, just happy with the range as it is.

Last edited:
Yes the range is fab stock, I have a windsurfer and was getting 6.5k out before upgrade now unfortunately 4k is max. Still excellent, just a shame if your used to more.

Yes the range is fab stock, I have a windsurfer and was getting 6.5k out before upgrade now unfortunately 4k is max. Still excellent, just a shame if your used to more.

Lets see now- someone posted here last week that the DJI website has updated to say that the phantom can now go 5klm up from the old 2klm distance and yet with last weeks update the distance is shortened according to you. Something doesnt add up as usual. Is it possible it could be just you?

Lets see now- someone posted here last week that the DJI website has updated to say that the phantom can now go 5klm up from the old 2klm distance and yet with last weeks update the distance is shortened according to you. Something doesnt add up as usual. Is it possible it could be just you?

Could be - I read that article. My opinion is that the bit rate has been reduced to improve reception/range. The thing is I was using the channel hack so I already had the bit rate down to the minimum. As discussed earlier I'm going to buy a second controller with the old RC firmware so I can do a back to back. I'll disclose my findings as and when but in the meantime I'll be objective and say yes it could be just me until I can confirm one way or the other.

All I will say is with my windsurfer the results on my P3 have definitely been reduced since the update. I can't get anywhere near what I used to and before 6.5k range was achieved without fail.

I've had my stock bird out to 3.2 miles on the old firmware with perfect reception before the battery was ready for me to turn around. Updated RC yesterday so I'll try to go make the same exact flight and report back with results. Conditions should be very similar.

Upgraded everything this weekend from the DJI downloads site and flew about 30 minutes... No issues at all, though I almost ran into a green house - but I can't blame it on the firmware... :)

Reactions: Wacker2611

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl