Great news ref the latest firmware DJI......

It has been working flawlessly on my P3P.

Never a blemish here, only minor blood stains from the fatal victims,
that got in the way of my spinning rotor props. ;-)

I have updated to every new firmware and Pilot~Go!!
Nothing but my pleasure, was increased each time,

Was there some issue you felt needed attention, or was it just you?
There is nothing a good counsellor and medication can't fix, for you.
The first step in healing, is agreeing, on that you do, indeed, need some minor help. Yeah, we are all here, only to assist you. Relax.

RedHotPoker

I'm fairly sure we're not finished with updates this month. I'm predicting at least a firmware update still in the mix. Plus when that update takes place there will be additional functions that are currently hidden in the App.

Due to the video issues posted with 2.40 I have not yet updated. I currently run 1.4.0010 firmware and 2.10 app, and no updating to R/C either.

I have yet to see anyone post that they have been successful at loading any older version firmware or app, or even attempt to loading.

Never a blemish here, only minor blood stains from the fatal victims,
that got in the way of my spinning rotor props. ;-)

I have updated to every new firmware and Pilot~Go!!
Nothing but my pleasure, was increased each time,

Was there some issue you felt needed attention, or was it just you?
There is nothing a good counsellor and medication can't fix, for you.
The first step in healing, is agreeing, on that you do, indeed, need some minor help. Yeah, we are all here, only to assist you. Relax.

RedHotPoker

Hmm that's rather insulting, but I won't lower myself. I will answer your question as you don't seem to be able to assess my point unlike the others.

Issues: cracked shell and unreliable firmware.

Outcome: bird grounded

Point of posting: reaction and visibility to DJI. Feel free to comment further, just try and not make it so weird? Thanks.

Everything is working perfectly for me with the 2.4 GO app and iOS 9.1 and latest FW 1.4.

If anything a bit better as far as dropped frames in the app monitoring, but this may be because I pay more attention to antenna directions now.

Perfect scores from HealthyDrones of my flight logs on latest FW/ios/GOapp.

iPad mini 2. It even works well with WiFi turned on and hotspot on my iPhone on. This was from my last test. I had problems with that before.

Reactions: lotusteve
I'm fairly sure we're not finished with updates this month. I'm predicting at least a firmware update still in the mix. Plus when that update takes place there will be additional functions that are currently hidden in the App.

Due to the video issues posted with 2.40 I have not yet updated. I currently run 1.4.0010 firmware and 2.10 app, and no updating to R/C either.

I have yet to see anyone post that they have been successful at loading any older version firmware or app, or even attempt to loading.

Yeah i agree.. Something tells me we will see a new firmware release before this week ends...

Just back from testing new RC firmware................... 2 batteries flown, no problems at all. First I've flown in 4 weeks.

Lady stops to ask it that's a drone.............. I tell her, yes ma'am. You want to see it fly? She says yeah, so I tell her to come over in the shade. She's like, now, those ones on the news flying at airports are a lot bigger, aren't they? I say, no ma'am, it's mainly these here ones, just idiots for doing it, though. She says............. but it's sooooooooooooooo small!! I say yes ma'am............. this is what the entire country is terrified of. I took it up to 150 feet, showed her our "specks" on the screen, and told her they're not very good for spying on anyone. I think she left feeling a little better about them.

If I disable app updates for DJI GO, DJI will not force me to update, correct?

For Inspires, people are forced to upgrade. They get X days and if they don't upgrade, they can't even take off. But that's not the case for Phantoms, or is it? I didn't see anything in the manual...

No one ever forced you to update anything.
Auto update? That's corrected in your device Settings. ;-)
@dji has already announced you can go back to a previous edition, if not satisfied, & it suits you better. So fear not. Go have fun, flying.

RedHotPoker

No one ever forced you to update anything.
Auto update? That's corrected in your device Settings. ;-)
@dji has already announced you can go back to a previous edition, if not satisfied, & it suits you better. So fear not. Go have fun, flying.

RedHotPoker
HI...how do you go back to the previous edition? I have DJI Go 2.4.0 (for iPhone) and want to move back to 2.3.0 . I don´t have the previous file. Any idea?

She says............. but it's sooooooooooooooo small!! I say yes ma'am.............

funnysmiley92.gif

Forgive me.......:p

I am sorry to say I cannot sympathize with you, My early release P3A has been flying just fine, not one glitch in control or video (tilted horizon but that is now fixed) and wonder of wonders, no shell cracks, although when they were first reported I did loosen and re-torque the screws to be safe. I am an aggressive flyer, do all my pre-flights, and check the bird and all telemetry. So far all I have had is a lot of fun with my P3, over 100 flights so far. I always use the latest firmware on both the bird and the R/C.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav