Great example of what not to do with a Phantom.

Reaction score
Don't know if anybody else has posted this, but it angered me to see this video on YouTube. It's totally irresponsible flying, thankfully it only resulted in their phantom being damaged and nothing else!

I guess people had made comments on his YouTube video, which he didn't like, so he disable the comments. This type of flying, is the exact thing that will eventually lead to a serious accident of some sort (plane or automobile). I'm not a kill joy, far from it', but people like this idiot need to understand the responsibilities of flying an RC aircraft. I expect the CAA would love to meet this Ryan David, if that's his real name!

http://youtu.be/f9H3Ods1sQ8

spanktimonious said:
...and yet, however irresponsible it was, it hasn't resulted in draconian bans in the UK or anywhere else despite the awkward claims of Henny Penny folks across the globe.

Food for thought.
The wheels of Government grind slow, give them time and they will figure out a way to 'Protect' the public from the 'crazy' drone flyers.

Okay, what's the point of this video. First of all, he is flying way beyond line of sight. Then, the images are terrible. Come on, 8 minutes of complete white out with only the landing gear visable. Aside from irresponsible behavior, posting this video is an embarrassment to his flying and photographic skills.

spanktimonious said:
...and yet, however irresponsible it was, it hasn't resulted in draconian bans in the UK or anywhere else despite the awkward claims of Henny Penny folks across the globe.

Food for thought.

You might have this view, but who know what the powers to be, might be considering for the future. It's evidence that they maybe gathering, to use for future legislation.

andysydney said:
Okay, what's the point of this video. First of all, he is flying way beyond line of sight. Then, the images are terrible. Come on, 8 minutes of complete white out with only the landing gear visable. Aside from irresponsible behavior, posting this video is an embarrassment to his flying and photographic skills.

To not understand the implications of this type of flying and the potential for incidents with other aircraft (flying in or above cloud cover or out of line of sight), is a great concern.

The reason for posting this video, it's an example not to follow, for new or existing Phantom owners. Flying too high and beyond line of sight, are just two reasons.

Yes, bad behavior, but I wonder how high he was. Any estimates? And what if he was an air traffic controller or pilot and knew the flight traffic patterns of the area?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik