Great DJI Service Department Work

flyNfrank said:
rbhamilton said:
Nice to see the US office has finally mastered the art of Chinese customer service and quality control. Good to see you got things working a bit better. Keep us posted and let us know if you notice any of these new features and improvements that have yet to be introduced to the general public.

The customer service I dealt with is here in the US. The accounts receivable manager that had called me to say my quad would not be warrantied because of having yellow check mark on the esc's (which is bs). He then turned into a salesman that just said lie after lie to get me to buy the refurbished quad. Btw, the only difference I have seen as far as improved mods is, routing of wires, the type of copper shielding under the gps puck, and a couple of plug connections having hot glue that I have not seen on other V3's.

Anyway, the problem I have has not gone away. The waviness and interference through the middle part of the display is not as intense or as exaggerated, but is still there "some of the time". I made real short video to send to DJI support to see if they say something other then send it to us. Where you see the camera twitch in the video, in person I can hear the gimbal motor sound like it is stressing against a stop as if it is trying to tilt the camera higher but can't. You can see it has a rhythm to what it's attempting. Kind of like 1..2..pause..1..2..pause. And then it stops after a couple of attempts. Other then calibrating the gimbal switch on the controller, I can't think of any other option to adjust the behavior of the gimbal itself?

Btw, does any of you remember reading someone say they had some kind of issue taking place, and they unplugged the camera and replugged it in again and claim that it took care of whatever the problem was they were having? I just can't remember what the problem was this was addressing?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCO9EXmXwCA[/youtube]

Those waves are usually caused by a high frequency vibration and the twitch up and down may be pointing to the pitch potentiometer having a dead spot. I repaired 2 of them last month that where doing the same thing. The high frequency hum is very hard to notice and it caused that jello affect in video in both units. One unit had a "factory component" smudge on the inside of the potentiometer on the semi conducting substrate. I cleaned it with alcohol and a q-tip and it was good to go. The other one got a new potentiometer.

Jeremy

here are the measurements.
btw, i just opened a brand new V3 camera and it DID NOT have the rubber dampener installed!!!!
thanks DJI! again!

Attachments

• IMG_1177-min-min.jpg
    IMG_1177-min-min.jpg
    918.7 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1178-min-min.jpg
    IMG_1178-min-min.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_1179-min-min.jpg
    IMG_1179-min-min.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1175-min-min__1426204303_73.185.177.24.jpg
    IMG_1175-min-min__1426204303_73.185.177.24.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1176-min-min__1426204418_73.185.177.24.jpg
    IMG_1176-min-min__1426204418_73.185.177.24.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 298
Since my last post I took a camera apart from a salvage vPlus I bought cheap last year and removed the rubber ring from around the lens. I then took the V3 camera apart and it already had the rubber ring so back together it went. I changed routing on a few wires and unplugged the 3 connections to the camera and plugged them back in. Everything seems to now be working great. The recorded video is as good as I have seen it in a long time. So there is no more interference or waviness whatsoever.

Thanks to all who came up with some good suggestions.

flyNfrank said:
Since my last post I took a camera apart from a salvage vPlus I bought cheap last year and removed the rubber ring from around the lens. I then took the V3 camera apart and it already had the rubber ring so back together it went. I changed routing on a few wires and unplugged the 3 connections to the camera and plugged them back in. Everything seems to now be working great. The recorded video is as good as I have seen it in a long time. So there is no more interference or waviness whatsoever.

Thanks to all who came up with some good suggestions.

Unless it is too much trouble, can you tell us what wires you rerouted and where you rerouted them to? Because I would like to do anything and everything to get the most out of the FPV system.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj