Great deal on Phantoms for UK buyers

I bought mine from rcgeeks they were very professional, not the cheapest but good reviews and always awnser the phone. If you are buying a £30 toy you can get it from dodgy bob but if you are spending £phantom money you need some reassurance that if there's a problem you can go back for service. A bit like insurance, NFU not cheap but you get great service...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cheers monkeychops for the feedback. Please keep us informed and I hope all goes well.
I checked out SLR Hut reviews as well, and there are plenty of negative reviews about them also.
It seems all their items are shipped from the USA.
I think most people know that the majority of reviews do tend to be negative, as people seldom bother to report a positive experience.
SLRhut's reviews (Excellent 9.0 from 0 - 10) are based on 3290 people review, 77% of them left 5stars,15.5% left 4stars, 3% left +star, only 1% left 2star, only 2,9%left 1star,
Very.co.uk's reviews (Poor 3.8 from 0 - 10) based on 8320 people review, 41.3% of them left 5stars, 13% left 4stars, 8.3% left 3stars, 8.8% left 2 star, 28.6% left 1 star
I wanted to buy from very.co.uk but I don't want to risk to deal with a very poor customer service.
That many people can't be wrong.I would rather pay a bit more than calling hours to poor customer service on a premium number in the very.co.uk if I need to arrange return.
I would definitely buy from SLRhut rather than from very.co.uk

Last edited:
I've never bought anything from Very myself, not normally a fan of catalogue companies due to their highly inflated prices, but i know a few people who do use Very and have had no problems. SLR hut ship their drones from USA so i would worry where that leaves you if you have an issue. You might have to ship it back to the USA. I don't know, but if you're concerned about warranties then it is something to get clarified before purchase. I think most issues would likely get redirected to dji themselves, so as long as you have a receipt you are all good.
I had heard on this forum that Maplins offer good customer service and will swap out any faulty drones, but i know one person who got fobbed off by the local maplins manager and was told to go direct to dji.
Personally I would fix any issues myself rather than return to dji, but i come from an electronics repair background so it's not an issue for me.

Have bitten the bullit and ordered advanced with extra battery from very for £680 after discount you dont have to use their finance scheme to get discount but do have to open account prior to payment in full due for delivery on sat seems a good deal will post sat with delivery result fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: monkeychops
Didn't get the extra battery. Still can't get my head around paying £100 for one. Obviously for the pros this is essential.

Unless all your flying is going to be from you back garden, then extra batteries are a must.
It's just not worth driving to a nice flying site just to do one 15 minute flight.
I have got 3 batteries now which seems a reasonable number. I might invest in a car charger next so i can charge a battery at the site.

Really tempted with the very.co.uk offer. Only thing is, I'm under the thumb and the Mrs (who has finally agreed!) said it would have to wait until Christmas if I bought it.

Just a question about warranty, does it start when the drone is first fired up or from the date of purchase? I'm aware that things like the camera and gimbal only have a 6 month warranty to start with, unless it's different in the UK?

I've never bought anything from Very myself, not normally a fan of catalogue companies due to their highly inflated prices, but i know a few people who do use Very and have had no problems. SLR hut ship their drones from USA so i would worry where that leaves you if you have an issue. You might have to ship it back to the USA. I don't know, but if you're concerned about warranties then it is something to get clarified before purchase. I think most issues would likely get redirected to dji themselves, so as long as you have a receipt you are all good.
I had heard on this forum that Maplins offer good customer service and will swap out any faulty drones, but i know one person who got fobbed off by the local maplins manager and was told to go direct to dji.
Personally I would fix any issues myself rather than return to dji, but i come from an electronics repair background so it's not an issue for me.

I got mine from SLRHUT and looked into all problems first, when you buy from them all you have to make sure is that they send you a receipt because you do not have to send it back to them if you have a problem with it, DJI in Germany will honor the warranty as long as you've got proof of purchase, I've been in touch with Germany and they replied that it's all you need, got mine in 3 days !!! from the usa

I got mine from SLRHUT and looked into all problems first, when you buy from them all you have to make sure is that they send you a receipt because you do not have to send it back to them if you have a problem with it, DJI in Germany will honor the warranty as long as you've got proof of purchase, I've been in touch with Germany and they replied that it's all you need, got mine in 3 days !!! from the usa
I bought my P3P today from SLRhut as well. I have called them before I placed the order and they gave me 2 extra batteries for £198. I've got an invoice by email so the proof of purchase shouldn't be problem if DJI in Germany will need it.

I concur. Bought my P3 Pro package deal from them and again 3 days delivery. Terrific service.

I concur. Bought my P3 Pro package deal from them and again 3 days delivery. Terrific service.

I agree, I just don't see where all this negativity is coming from, great company, great prices, fast service, and good all round service from them.

Thanks guys for sharing your positive experience. I wasn't trying to be negative.
I started this thread to help anyone in the UK find a good deal.
We don't seem to be as fortunate in the UK as our American friends who have B&H stores where they can walk in and buy Phantoms off the shelf at great prices.
What do we have...Apple stores where everthing is RRP.
We usually have to take a gamble on the Internet to get a good deal, and that can sometimes go horribly wrong.

I hope everyone continues to share their experiences, good or bad, of the companies mentioned, or any other that they come across to help UK members find a good safe deal on a drone.

Last edited:
Just thought I would add to this thread as a UK buyer looking for his first larger drone. I've just bought a p3pro as my first prosumer quad and bought the kit from drones formless including hard case, two batteries, prop guards, 2 sets blades, lanyard and charger. £784.65 delivered to the UK from New York within 3 business days. All working and tested fine.

Not had any reason to use their customer support yet but went ahead after some research on Facebook from their customers and took a punt. Monkeychops what was the reason you cancelled out of interest?

Should add that I'm not connected to the company in any way. Just you don't always have feedback where there has been a positive experience.

As an aside I'm nervous as hell flying this thing at height or distance following flying with a small husban with no gps in the back garden for months on end. I can control the husban pretty well now but the p3p is just a different beast. That and the fact the husban was only £40 down the drain if it was ever wrecked lol

P3 batteries work out at £100 each so may be worthwhile opening an account just to buy a couple of batteries. Better than prices on ebay or amazon and no fears about getting stiched with a fake copy.

Bought one through very last night, had to register and open an account though. After putting the battery in my basket I followed all the steps and before I knew it it said order complete and was £128.99 with delivery.......so where was my 20% discount, immediately cancelled the order only to be told that because of the speed of the order process the product had already been picked, packaged and despatched and that the only option would be to refuse delivery and the courier company would send back and there would be no charge. Today I had a an 0344 number call me, my phone flagged it as telemarketing and blocked it, 2 hrs later I had an email asking me to call a 0344 number to confirm my order for security, what a f*** about, confirm name, address, postcode, DOB, how long lived at this address, age at next birthday, how many living at this address, then 'just going to put you on hold while we carry out our investigation'.......WTF, I only wanted a battery!!! Then congratulations your account has been activated and your order can be processed, that's strange because last night it was too late to cancel as it was already despatched!

Anyway rang customer services today and they applied my 20% discount retrospectively, apparently I should of entered a discount code somewhere during the order process, I mistakenly thought it would be applied automatically seeing I'd just set up an account and was clearly a 1st time customer but that's too easy lol!

Anyway, battery on its way eventually for £103

I had a second hand bebop, never actually flew it because could never get satellite lock, took it back to maplins with the receipt the previous owner gave me and I got the full £700 back even though I only paid 400 for the bebop and controller.........happy days

Reactions: noki49
I had a second hand bebop, never actually flew it because could never get satellite lock, took it back to maplins with the receipt the previous owner gave me and I got the full £700 back even though I only paid 400 for the bebop and controller.........happy days

Awsome deal.
Sorry for not mentioning the code.
It is splashed around the website quite a bit.
It is at the bottom of the home page and at the bottom of 'my basket' as well.

For the benefit of anyone else considering ordering from Very, you can get 20% off your first credit order by entering the code KFTE3 at the checkout before 31st July.

I will edit the opening post as well.

Cracking deal, that funded my P3A :D

And yes that's the discount code you need, I did see a box for a coupon code or something but as I didn't have one or even looked for one I left it blank thinking it would be applied automatically. ..........which it's not! Other than that Very is a reputable retailer and not a scam site so I was confident dealing with them

I got a great deal on phantom 4 bundle from SLR Hut and tracked all the way in 3 days.
Talked about order on the phone and he knew his stuff on drones,would use again with no worries.

Reactions: Jimbocom
I ordered a P4 with extra battery for £990 from value basket. Claimed to be in stock, but after waiting a month numerous emails, phone calls etc, they were still making excuses, so I cancelled, and bought one off ebay.
I have only just finished setting up and one flight.
Do not trust value basket,still not got a refund yet.

Just ordered a spare battery, for me.
Some perfume and a diamond necklace for the wife. It's her bday soon.
Used the 20% code. Worked like a charm. Saved over £200. Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.