Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. menajemh

Hi everyone. i'm new to the forum, being following for a while but decided to subscribe to let u guys know this. i know there's a lot of alternatives, but this is just one option that could work for lots of ppl. i do not work with this company whatsoever, just was looking the other day for a tracking solution in case i lose my phantom, what other users have. just now saw this.
    get a gps tracker from ebay amazon what ever, that works with gsm. then get a freedompop sim for 5$ and after a few days change the plan to the FREE basic plan, that will give you global coverage in few countries and the list is growing, 500 sms 200 min calls and 200mb data. here is the link from freedompop, check it out.

Phone & Internet Plans from $0/month - FreedomPop

2. natec

I have one of these on the way, but don't think it'll work for most of the cheap trackers if they require text messages for configuration because text messages with these sim cards require a special app on a smart phone, and are actually sent over the data. So these would work only with trackers that use mobile data.

3. menajemh

I'm thinking about this . My wife used this company a year ago but was cdma network. I wonder that since they are coming with GSM now things might change for a more simple system

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. John Locke

When I checked it out you also authorize FreedomPop to charge $27.98 every month for continued service at the end of the free trial. I don't see an option for a "Free basic plan". Am I missing something? How can they make any money if it's free. Makes no sense.

5. menajemh

They make money when you go over the limit according to your plan.

6. menajemh

You are right. Freedom uses a special app also on GSM. Won't be able to configure those cheap gps locators via this sim. Anyways. For 5 bucks to have a spare line for a backup cellphone won't hurt