Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Great Customer Support from DJI! Motor mount cracks connected...

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Schnerds, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Schnerds

After reading about many people having small cracks near the motor mounts I started checking mine every couple flights. I only noticed a few on two motor mounts but wasn't too concerned. Then it started to make a very strange noise when flying.

When I checked the cracks had connected between two screws on a single motor mount and made that motor loose and not stable.

I contacted DJI via email through their support site and had an RMA # with free shipping label within 5 hours! Repair covered 100% under warrantee!

Ticket Received - Problem Report - Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 11:51 AM
    RMA Issued: Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 4:17 PM

It took me a while to get it in the mail but they only had it for 8 calendar days before shipping back to me.

They received the unit on 12/30 and shipped it back to me on 1/6

Then I finally got it in the air today and went through two batteries with no issues, looks like they just put everything into a new shell. No stickers on the new shell but I used the extra stickers included when it was new.

I know there are a lot of posts about issues and problems but I wanted to share the great customer support I received and help future potential owners feel comfortable about the company.

Reed L likes this.
  2. robsquad

but where are you ?

3. Schnerds

Sorry USA, had to send it to their facility in California

4. dragonmuzz

I've just got my brand new p3A and my 1st flight will be tomorrow. I'm getting a bit worried about all these horror stories about cracks under motors.are they that fragile????

5. Schnerds

I heard it was some of the first production units were over tightened or the shells had a defect. I am pretty sure they fixed it in 2015.