Gray FPV

I haven't tried FPV as the app crashes with just the camera. 21/2 hours on hold with DJI, they said it was a faulty app, a known issue and there was no known fix.

I've tried their suggestions, rebinding, even another iPhone. Nothing works.

DJI says an update will fix it but no idea when. It's useless until then but I don't want to send it back. Any suggestions for iOS?

I haven't tried FPV as the app crashes with just the camera. 21/2 hours on hold with DJI, they said it was a faulty app, a known issue and there was no known fix.

I've tried their suggestions, rebinding, even another iPhone. Nothing works.

DJI says an update will fix it but no idea when. It's useless until then but I don't want to send it back. Any suggestions for iOS?

Here's what I had to do to get successful FPV on a device.

I used an iPod 5 wifi-only device, made sure all notifications were turned off, made sure no other app was running, preview mode at the lowest resolution. Ran all day without cutting out, except for the one time that I had previously run Facebook to upload a photo and forgot to kill Facebook... Killed Facebook and everything was fine once more.

Apparently the latest version of the App is doing a lot of background processing now that it didn't use to do, so is more CPU intensive... perhaps verifying that you aren't flying in locations you shouldn't...

I went back to the .39 version of the app and no go. Still get garbled green blocky display. I also tried the lower resolution modes with no difference. It will occasionally clear up with a power off of the phantom then power back on. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. This thing has 4 cores and 3 GBs of RAM so it is a pretty powerful phone. I must say that I am very disappointed as this was the major selling point for me getting the Phantom over other products. I am afraid to fly out of visual range now as the app could freeze and I would not know what the quad is doing. DJI needs to fix this ASAP or remove the feature from their website. I also have a Samsung tablet I may try to see if there is any difference. What's strange is that there are loads of folks without issue. I wonder what the difference is. I may end returning mine because I can no longer pick up more than 5 satellites which is keeping me grounded. My first flight was smooth as silk. The .40 app worked flawlessly and I had plenty of GPS reception. Second flight all went down hill.

When I installed .40 and it wacked my video, I noticed when the video would freeze, I could exit back out of the camera mode to the main screen of the app, then reenter camera mode and the video would come back. At least for a while. Hence why I went back to .39 and I haven't had a problem since.

Arrrg! Sneaky Android! I know what happened now. I just looked at my notification bar and saw where is auto update DJI vision back to .40 version. Now I got to figure out how to disable auto update for this app. That explains it.

Yep, no way to disable for one app so I just turned it off for now. I'm still having issues with freezing in mid-air though and once the app crashed completely. I will try my Samsung tablet and if I have the same issues I will return the Phantom. The app was completely useless today.

So I installed the .40 version on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and tested inside the house and so far so good. I noticed something weird though... the 640x480 30fps is more glitchy than the 15fps mode. I went turned on the Phantom in the living room and took the transmitter and tablet to each room while moving the camera around and so far so good. No freezes or crashes so far. I will test outside tomorrow and we shall see. I really hope this works because I love this thing so far. Also, the GPS issue I was having just cleared up. Now getting GPS reception pretty quickly getting up to 9 satellites. Thanks for all the help so far and I hope this helps someone else.

Mine went gray on Saturday, and then today it was black. I will see what version app I'm running and will try to go back to 1.39 what do I have to lose? WOOPS, I think you were talking about the Android app. I'm running the iOS app. All the P2V+ software is dated 4/7 including the iOS app which shows the latest is 37. I don't even know where to look to see which version I'm running, but I haven't changed the firmware it was delivered with, so I assume I'm running 37. I will play around with some of the tricks mentioned and see what happens.

Update: I think I've tried everything suggested, but I got nothing. Too bad, because it was working so well.....100% with no problems! then this! Sucks! OBTW, I found where to locate version number I'm running.....same as what's listed as latest. I've tried calling DJI, they don't answer and the cut the connection; sent them a support request, nothing; and tried an email.....at least they sent an auto reply saying they're looking at it. :-(

As for Android I think there may be an issue with some devices connecting to nearby WiFi devices. I'm having a ton of issues with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I did notice when I connect to the Phantom SSID that my phone says "Unstable WiFi connection". I also had issues with this phone connecting to my Fuji XE-2 camera which uses a similar local WiFi hotspot method to transfer photos. It also gave a warning of "Unstable WiFi connection". Hoping I can fly tomorrow afternoon and try my tablet to see if it works better.

Dirty Bird said:
1.0.40 actually broke mine. With 1.0.39 I had perfect FPV @ 640x480*15. I never dropped a frame or froze up. With 1.0.40 I couldn't even run in 340x240*15. It constantly froze up, went blocky, or the screen would turn green. To get video back I would have to exit the camera mode back to the main screen, and then return to the camera screen. I went back to 1.0.39 and all is well again.

I'm using a nexus 7 with latest kit Kat. 4.4.2, for me the new .40 app works far better than .39 I was doing all my testing at 640x480 30fps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers