Gray FPV

Reaction score
I got my Phantom 2 Vision + the other day.

I was using it with an iPhone 5. A couple of minutes of flying the preview image stops updating and turns to grayscale, with no error messages... just stops updating.

I switched over to using an iPod 5. Same thing.

I even tried just carrying it around the house with the remote right next to it. Same thing, after a minute, it stops updating the FPV and turns grayscale.

Anybody else seen this behavior and/or know what to do to fix it? I'm running the latest version of everything.

I've been having the same thing. All the flight data stays live but fpv is gone. Happens nearly every flight in multiple wide open fields I've tried. Only way I can get it back is to shut all systems down including phone. Sometimes I have it where the camera is just black and takes several reboots to come back. I've tried everything. Full reinstall of firmware, full calibration, reinstall app. I never lose gps or radar and the camera will still tilt and take video and photos but no live view. I've spent hours trying to figure it out. I'm also using iphone 5.

djunod said:
I got my Phantom 2 Vision + the other day.

I was using it with an iPhone 5. A couple of minutes of flying the preview image stops updating and turns to grayscale, with no error messages... just stops updating.

I switched over to using an iPod 5. Same thing.

I even tried just carrying it around the house with the remote right next to it. Same thing, after a minute, it stops updating the FPV and turns grayscale.

Anybody else seen this behavior and/or know what to do to fix it? I'm running the latest version of everything.

That's a known bug in the DJI app. The latest release of the Android version of the app 1.0.40 fixes this problem and I'm sure an iOS update will be soon to follow.

Nope 1.0.40 didn't fixed it either. Still happens. I rolled min back to 1.0.38 and it works perfectly but I loose the FPV mode option which is pretty cool.

1.0.40 actually broke mine. With 1.0.39 I had perfect FPV @ 640x480*15. I never dropped a frame or froze up. With 1.0.40 I couldn't even run in 340x240*15. It constantly froze up, went blocky, or the screen would turn green. To get video back I would have to exit the camera mode back to the main screen, and then return to the camera screen. I went back to 1.0.39 and all is well again.

Dirty Bird said:
1.0.40 actually broke mine. 1.0.30 & 1.0.39 I had perfect FPV @ 640x480*15. I never dropped a frame or froze up. With 1.0.40 I couldn't even run in 340x240*15. It constantly froze up, went blocky, or the screen would turn green. To get video back I would have to exit the camera mode back to the main screen, and then return to the camera screen. I went back to 1.0.39 and all is well again.

How do you go back to 1.0.39 ?

You helped me out again Dirty Bird! Mine came today and I went carefully through all of the procedures and launched but the screen turned blocky then froze like others have said. I was pretty disappointed. I will uninstall the current app and install the older one and give that a try. Good thing I wasn't flying out of site.

Thanks for the info & downloads Dirty Bird!

Using a Nexus 5, I tried 39. It stayed connected while I was in the house. As soon as I carried it outside, still on, it froze up, but then at least would come back. I took off for the sky and it would block out (jpeg errors) and then come back. Then the app crashed over & over.

Going to try 40 now. Missed a beautiful sunset.

Dirty Bird said:
Go to the Apps folder and download either 1.0.39 or 1.0.38 to your phone. Uninstall 1.0.40, then run whichever of the older versions you want to install.

http://sharewith.excipere.com/

which one would you recommend for the P2V+ 38 or 39?

1.0.37 app for iPhone is working very well for me, and it seems to be the current App store version.

I had issues with my Vision and Vision+ before 1.40 released. Video was as op described it. I still have some intermittent issues with 640@15 but 340@30 is flawless the new app helped me out at least now I can fly....

neoneo said:
Dirty Bird said:
Go to the Apps folder and download either 1.0.39 or 1.0.38 to your phone. Uninstall 1.0.40, then run whichever of the older versions you want to install.

http://sharewith.excipere.com/

I have a galaxy s4 android
which one would you recommend for the P2V+ 38 or 39?

ShoreBird said:
I had issues with my Vision and Vision+ before 1.40 released. Video was as op described it. I still have some intermittent issues with 640@15 but 340@30 is flawless the new app helped me out at least now I can fly....

What device are you using with the Android version 1.40?

I tried a Nexus 5 and couldn't even get a preview with it.

Just now tried a test with an iPod 5 and 1.37 (the latest iOS version) with my preview set to 320@15 and it worked fine for a while. It's dark out now, so didn't take it outside to try.

I am running 1.0.39 on my HTC One M7. This works perfect for me in 640x480*15.

1.0.38 seems to lack tilt control for the Vision+ camera. Probably released pre-Vision+.

1.0.40 was terrible for me. Constant freezing, jpg blocking, and green display, even at 320x240*15.

Itote="Dirty Bird"]I am running 1.0.39 on my HTC One M7. This works perfect for me in 640x480*15.

1.0.38 seems to lack tilt control for the Vision+ camera. Probably released pre-Vision+.

1.0.40 was terrible for me. Constant freezing, jpg blocking, and green display, even at 320x240*15.[/quote]

How's the video recording quality at 640x485?
Is it as bad as it sounds?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik