Grainy Vids when Turning

Reaction score
Is it normal for the video be grainy when making a quick turn? I upload my vids to YouTube and anytime I've made a quick turn the video gets really grainy. Seems the camera can't keep up. I've heard the p3p's camera has a slow bit rate along with a few other problems making it a mediocre camera.

It seems to do a sort of jerking effect, and sometimes you get a line break halfway down the screen.
Not sure about 'grainy' - are you actually seeing pixellation squares on youtube?
That's a compression artefact from youtube trying to reduce file size.
It's hardly noticeable in slow steady movement but a sudden turn will upset things.
Try to turn slowly and smoothly, or edit out the rapid turns - they are pretty hard on the viewer at best of times.

From my own experience, you may have an issue in the camera's flat ribbon cable. I had some interference showing up one day that I have never seen before. After spending a great deal of time looking at and in all the wrong areas, I finally figured out where it was located. And better yet it was something I could more then likely fix on my own. To make a long story short, the ribbon cable responded to movement by lightly pressing on it in different points. I ended up replacing it and the short 6-wire harness on top plate above camera and gimbal. I used only dji parts which there are a bunch of less costing options to be found on ebay.

While recording video try touching the ribbon at each connection. My problem was the connection inside the top plate. Move the wire harnesses also. And then upload and watch the video back on your pc to see if there is ANY noticeable changes in the video. If there is, you now know where to fix the problem.

Youtube compresses heaps and this causes frame loss and artefacts.

Are you recording in 4k@30fps?
Try 1080p@60fps and make sure you upload at 60fps.
The more fps = less tearing when tilting and panning.

I observed on other videos that when they are making a yaw, even a fast one, still smooth. On mine, making a yaw is a little bit jittery or i don't know what's the right term to that.

when the phantom is moving forward, backward, downwards, upwards, I get a very smooth video, but as soon as I make a yaw turn or sideways even if it's slowly (adjusted gain), the video quality is a bit jittery or not smooth.it's like recording is not keeping up on sidewards and yaw..

my settings is 2.7k on 20fps. Im about to try other settings tomorrow and see if it improves, im gonna try the 1080p on 60fps.

Im using P3A.

I have only just started using filters but from what i understand its best to try and have your shutter speed at least twice as much as your fps. So for 20fps you would set the shutter speed to 1/40. I have only had a chance to try this once so far with 1080p 60fps with shutter speed at 120. Video looks less choppy and has a smooth natural blur. I am only new to the manual settings and just starting to learn/understand it all. So far its looking heaps better. Filter were from phantomfilters.com. I think im heading in the right direction

Youtube compresses heaps and this causes frame loss and artefacts.

Are you recording in 4k@30fps?
Try 1080p@60fps and make sure you upload at 60fps.
The more fps = less tearing when tilting and panning.

I record in 4K@30fps. Record in 1080p?? Isn't that what the P3A is for? YouTube has the ability to now play in stunning 4K. I don't think the birds camera is what I was hoping and dreaming it would be! The uploaded videos from my iPhone 6 are way clearer and better quality than the birds 4K camera!?!

Is it normal for the video be grainy when making a quick turn? I upload my vids to YouTube and anytime I've made a quick turn the video gets really grainy. Seems the camera can't keep up. I've heard the p3p's camera has a slow bit rate along with a few other problems making it a mediocre camera.
I've seen this same issue on fast turns mainly in low light situations. Looks 'ok' on my computer, but grainy on YouTube. I say 'ok' as there is motion blur due to shutter speed. Seems the compression issues show up easier in these cases. Several comments on the net about it and not limited to phantom3.

Post a video.

Post a video.
Here is one of mine
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I meant for the OP to show what he is calling "grain".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31