Grainy Video

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong. I fly and record a pristine video in 4K in either mov or mp4 to the sd card, I take the sd card out of the P3 and copy the video to my hard drive. If I play the video directly from my sd card it is brilliant and clear. If I play from the copied file to hard drive it is also perfect. But when I burn it to DVD thru Roxio the video is awful and grainy. I cannot find a better way to play it back on a TV or DVD player to watch the video other than on my computer. I tried copying the file directly to a USB drive and sticking it in my blu-ray player and my smart tv but it will not play the file this way.

Hi Jimmy. My suspicion is that the Roxio software has a configuration setting set that is compressing your video even further. Check file sizes of the original and the file after Roxio burn?

Hi Jimmy. My suspicion is that the Roxio software has a configuration setting set that is compressing your video even further. Check file sizes of the original and the file after Roxio burn?
this is only a 2 GB video on a 4 GB DVD and I had it on the settings for best quality.

You should have an app called VIDEO or something similar. Check out PLEX, you can install on your computer and then your TV can view the media on your computer via PLEX and you can watch any videos that way. Need to make sure your computer and TV are both on same network and if 1 or both are on wifi make sure they have a good connection.

It is my understanding that current DVDs do not support 4k so Roxio would have compressed it. Also your TV and DVD player needs to be 4k ready. Lastly, I have never used Roxio so I am going off educated guessing, but is the program updated to the latest version? your version may not be 4k compatible.

DVD is 1920 x 1080 max with a datarate of 3mbps. TERRIBLE!!!
You would be better off uploading to YouTube and having them compress it yet keep it at 4K then watching YouTube on your SmartTV
I have uploaded a few videos to youtube from the P3 and they take 12-15 hours and the quality is not very good at all comparatively to the original off the sd card. I have the P3 set for 4K, is it best for youtube and other sources to just go back down to 1080? Is there a better way to upload to youtube that I am doing wrong?

I have uploaded a few videos to youtube from the P3 and they take 12-15 hours and the quality is not very good at all comparatively to the original off the sd card. I have the P3 set for 4K, is it best for youtube and other sources to just go back down to 1080? Is there a better way to upload to youtube that I am doing wrong?
Are you watching any of these videos on a 4k monitor or tv? If it's just 1080p then yeah, downsize from 4k (keep more detail) and watch in 1080p will be MUCH faster. But i'd always shoot in 4K unless you need 60fps.

Are you watching any of these videos on a 4k monitor or tv? If it's just 1080p then yeah, downsize from 4k (keep more detail) and watch in 1080p will be MUCH faster. But i'd always shoot in 4K unless you need 60fps.
If I have the P3 setup for 4K filming how will I downsize to 1080 to upload to youtube or any other program? I do not recall seeing an option.

You'd have to do that in a video editing program such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, etc. YouTube will also downsize it to a 1080p version as well as other variations when you upload 4K but then you're still stuck waiting for the processing.
If you have something you want me to help with you can dropbox me a 4K vid and I'll 1080p it for you and send it back if you dont' have any video editing software now.
I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC

You'd have to do that in a video editing program such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, etc. YouTube will also downsize it to a 1080p version as well as other variations when you upload 4K but then you're still stuck waiting for the processing.
If you have something you want me to help with you can dropbox me a 4K vid and I'll 1080p it for you and send it back if you dont' have any video editing software now.
I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Thanks so much for the offer! I do have Roxio creator NXT to convert certain videos so I might have to see if I can do it in there first.

You should have an app called VIDEO or something similar. Check out PLEX, you can install on your computer and then your TV can view the media on your computer via PLEX and you can watch any videos that way. Need to make sure your computer and TV are both on same network and if 1 or both are on wifi make sure they have a good connection.
Is plex a free service? I downloaded the server version on my desktop PC went to my Vizio smart tv that has the Flex app available but when I get the pin number to connect my tv to PC server it tells me this option is only available to the Plex Pass version. Just wondering if you got it to work in the free version.

Is plex a free service? I downloaded the server version on my desktop PC went to my Vizio smart tv that has the Flex app available but when I get the pin number to connect my tv to PC server it tells me this option is only available to the Plex Pass version. Just wondering if you got it to work in the free version.
I do use PLEX as FREE only. the pay version allows you to sync and do some other things. it's one of the nicer FREE DLNA media hosts you can run on your box. Windows Media Player does similar stuff but I don't like. XBMC is also popular but I find PLEX to be pretty easy. let me know if you have any setup questions and I can screen shot you my settings.
I connect to it from my Samsung and LG TVs via the Video apps. I connect from my iPhones and iPads when home or away from home. My mom connects to it via her laptop from another state and watches TV shows cast to her ChromeCast that I download for her. It's very stable.

I do use PLEX as FREE only. the pay version allows you to sync and do some other things. it's one of the nicer FREE DLNA media hosts you can run on your box. Windows Media Player does similar stuff but I don't like. XBMC is also popular but I find PLEX to be pretty easy. let me know if you have any setup questions and I can screen shot you my settings.
I connect to it from my Samsung and LG TVs via the Video apps. I connect from my iPhones and iPads when home or away from home. My mom connects to it via her laptop from another state and watches TV shows cast to her ChromeCast that I download for her. It's very stable.
I started a Flex account. I downloaded the Windows 8 Flex server and installed on my PC. I can go to my Flex account and launch the app and see where my video file folder is and actually play them on the Flex launch screen. The trouble is when I go to my Vizio TV go to my apps and click on the Flex app it just sits there for a long time like it would be installing the app and then it just times out and says network connection failed (which it does not I am still logged in fine) or other times it will bring up the screen and say enter this pin at Flex.tv/pin. I do this and it says I successfully added this device. I can see Vizzio TV in my server devices but when I go to the TV it has an error saying this app requires a Flex pass subscription. I pretty well tried everything including multiple network connections and the same results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav