Gradual spin on liftoff

J&L

Reaction score
As the title suggest when I auto take off and hover all is fine. I let it stabilize do some checks. And then off I go. As I start to accend the bird will gradually start to spin. Not very fast but noticible. I have calibrated the IMU and the compass. Anything else I should check or is this normal?

I'm assuming it's not rotating 360 degrees, just a slight correction or movement. I believe this is quite normal as mine does this as well.

As the title suggest when I auto take off and hover all is fine. I let it stabilize do some checks. And then off I go. As I start to accend the bird will gradually start to spin. Not very fast but noticible. I have calibrated the IMU and the compass. Anything else I should check or is this normal?
Is it change of yaw at the same location or a slow curve?
Could it be TBE Toilet Bowl Effect (TBE) on a Phantom 1 | DJI Phantom Forum

go to you tube and search ... toilet bowl effect DJI there are several vids... maybe they can help you...

I agree that you could be putting in slightest stick movements this time of year I fly with gloves the littlest ones as possible but I cannot send without spending it just slightly with gloves on. What's your logs back with the stick movements on and see if it's going over 5%

It's quit possible I could be putting a slight movement on the stick. I'll check out YouTube and see what folks are doing. Everything has been calibrated

Reactions: rene van der meer
I just checked the videos and it's not doing the circles. It rotating on a single axis as it goes up. I stop to hover and it stops. It's not a fast spin just noticible.
There could be something wrong with the compass, the GP or the combination.
Can you post a video of how the drone behaves?

I'll get some video this weekend when I can test it. It only does it when I lift off and go straight up

Reactions: rene van der meer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj