Gps

Reaction score
Does any body know if you took the gps module out of the standard and replaced it with one from the advanced or professional if it would work? Allowing the bird to utilize both glonass and usa gps?

If you compare the GPS modules (Standard v.s. Advanced/Professional), you can see the connector is different. So, you wouldn't be able to just swap them.

The GPS antenna itself is fairly inexpensive though. I'm not sure which GPS antenna is being used on the Advanced/Professional. If you can figure that out, you should be able to solder it on -- kind of like this.

Last edited:
If no one else doe's it I will post a picture of the GPS antenna in about a week or two .
Gonna see if I can upgrade it like we did on the P2's like msinger showed.I just don't know yet what's in there . Already have a new booster to add . Won't hurt .
I average 14 sats now when up but maybe can get more :)
Won't hurt to try ;)

Reactions: Clampit
I'm pretty sure the software would have to know about a different GPS module as the commands could well be different. No inside info but I doubt it will work.

I'm pretty sure the software would have to know about a different GPS module as the commands could well be different. No inside info but I doubt it will work.
Agree on that but might can better the antenna on the puck .

Interesting thought, the GPS-module could be autonomous enough for a change to work.
Firmware upgrade is another matter though... Could be tricky if wrong module is used.

Following this.

/Per

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

I really don't think the puck could be switched but if the antenna is
Like what we dealt with with the P2's and can replace it with a 4mm
one or better we might be able to improve what we get now.
Mine is great where I'm at but might help someone else and I
Wouldn't mind getting more than 14

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4