Gps

Reaction score
Probably been asked, but can't find it. I have a p2v+ and have real issues with satellite reception. I've done the normal shielding mod but makes a 1-2 satellite difference at best. I had it for months and so far have never locked on to more than 8 satellites. Is there a gps mod or do I have to live with it. Thanks in advance Damien

I have done countless antenna mods and fitted the GPS receivers with the taoglas 4mm antenna and that gathers a couple more satts. If its a new unit it has additional rf chokes and the gps pigtail is shielded. These are all measures that where put in place to cut back on interference and improve satellite lock.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, the only good thing to come from no gps is that it's taught me to fly it properly. But wanted to use way points so need gps. Is the chip worth doing?

Sorry for the newbie question, but is there a good vid or description of where to place the ferrite beads for the best cancelation? I've seen the pics on the phantomhelp.com site, but it's not quite clear... Also, what are folks recommending for cable shielding?
I have a P2V+ (early model) and I never get more than 7-8 sats, and when I fire the video it drops 2-3 of them.
So far I've ordered a buzzcam shield, a 4mm antenna, and 10 each of the 5mm and 7mm ferrite cores. Ideally I'd like to open this up once and do it all in one go :) I also plan to tighten up the gps cable connectors, perhaps a bead of silicon or a piece of velcro as others have suggested as well. Anything else?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic