GPS

Re: GPS

I was standing within 10ft of take off. I first tried it in a field next to the interstate(I was a good 300yds away) also in my back and front yard. The wind was pretty steady and windier than normal. Not much wind around my house though. It seems to want to lean to the right at lift off and start drifting that way 1st. Could the prop guards contribute to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't got it above maybe 8-10' max(not to confident yet)

Your quad selftest and ready to fly light sequence appears good. Take the quad out 40-50 and the same distance up. Then bring it down gently to about 6 feet high above the ground near you. Does the quad still drift after that?

Ok. I'll try that tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for all the tips guys as this is a very helpful forum.

With windy conditions, the quad will tilt into the wind, to attempt to maintain the horizontal position. How good it maintains that position depends on how strong the wind is. Then the quad will try to reposition itself to where it was before the winds moved it. If the winds will hold a flag out straight, you should not be flying.

Wasn't that windy as flags would have been flapping often.

Somewhere in one of the forums, a guy posted a chart of flag positions in relation to wind speed. Interesting read, makes you think of the quad flying conditions.

All good. Wa able to take it to the schools huge field and let er rip. It finally got that GPS look I was looking for like jerrymac12000 said to to. I took it up about 30-40 ft and I could tell the difference, seems to work better nighter you go. Was able to bring it down to about 6ft and held like a champ. Even tried the RTH as that was nerve racking but it worked like its suppose to. All good now. Thanks for all the tips.

Maybe spoke to soon. Now I get a series of red rights instead of the yellow like I posted before. Then it just blinked green then red for about 10-15 sequences. Finally at the end got the green blink every 2-3 secs. No yellow blinks like before. What does that mean? I did have a rough landing and noticed the the light red. Any ideas AGAIN?

Feels like I lost the GPS as it's very unstable

Try this - do an advanced calibration (note that compass #s need to be between 1200-1800) then before next flight do a compass calibration.

could you be in some area that has bad gps reception/ lie in a valley or mountains any ware around? When you are starting out and when its trying to get the gps locks about how long does it seem to take before you get just a steady green flash?

also check the switchs to be sure one of them esp the s2 one is not a bad switch causing it to go in to atti mode if the switch is breaking contact. Which some tend to crap out right away like as in just a few days.

a good way to check if your switchs are all good or not is to go in the the naza assistant with the phantom plugged in and the transmitter on. Go to the basic tab then the RC page and on the bottom were you see the bar for "control mode switch" flip the switch in to all the positions and make sure it shows on the right boxes for gps atti and fail safe. for all the position the switch is set to. Then switch to GPS in the top position and try to wiggle the switch a tiny bit while still keeping it in the top gps position and see if wiggling it makes it show the box on the screen jumping to atti mode. Then do the same for atti and see if wiggling it does any thing and also check if the lower position if it stays with the box in fail safe when you wiggle it. If your switch is bad or starting to fail you will see the mods change when you jiggle and wiggle the switch. And if its bad or the contacts starting to fail in flight some times just moving the transmitter can be enough to cause the bad switch to jiggle around and change modes as the switch makes and breaks contact with what ever position its in and when it does it will keep going in to atti mode and in atti mode it will drift all over the place in the wind. esp if low to the ground it will drift in its own prop wash.

Do the red flashes in lieu of the yellow mean it needs a advanced calibration?

Compass(raw) reads the following

X 287, y -157, z142, mod 1354.0

How many minutes had the quad been flying before the red light problems started again? Was the battery freshly charged or did it have 5 or more minutes in the air?

Fully charged battery and noticed it when I started it up. I flew it straight up and it was drifting all directions. I made sure the switches were all working properly in the Naza software. What Does the green/red instead of green/yellow mean. I can't find that error code????

In Naza mode, slow green means ready to fly in GPS mode with 7 or more satellites locked. One, two or three red flashes after each green flash indicates fewer than 7 satellites (6, 5, less than 5 respectively). The first set of fast green flashes means that course lock is set, and the second set means that the the home point location has been set.

The GPS fix should occur before takeoff and the aircraft should fly in GPS mode from takeoff - there is no minimum distance before that happens.

If you are flying in Naza mode, may I suggest that you read the Naza quick start guide? All these things are explained in detail.

I spoke with DJI finally and they seem to think its a compass issues so I'm sending it back to the dealer. Can't explain the green/yellow pattern and now it's green/red pattern at warm/start up with no yellow.

Compass issuss can do that. and your mod values were a bit low. But usually thats not any thing thats to hard to fix. With a compass calibration by doing the compass dance. and or an advanced IMU calibration. and if that don't bring the mod values in within the 1500's to 1800's range... Here is even how to fix a way way messed up compass. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCT1rRE_UIg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl