GPS

Reaction score
How high off the ground does it need to be for the gps to kick in. I get it up 3-5ft and it still wants to drift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: GPS

I can't get the GPS hold to work. I calibrated the compass and have both switches up. I can switch from gps to Atti and I can't tell the difference. Both seem very drifty. Any advice?

Is it drifting in a straight line in the direction of the wind or is it circling? Does it stop after moving it or keep going in the direction it was travelling?
With GPS it may circle a bit (toilet bowl effect) but should settle down. Atti will drift in a straight line with the wind and also continue drifting when you let go of the sticks.
Connect to the NAZA assistant software and check that your switches are working. You might want to do an advanced calibration and then compass calibration before you fly it again.

It seems to drift in all directions. I keeping it low 6-8f max and it feels very unstable in GPS. I'll try the advanced calibration.

Ok. No matter what range I get it 3'-10' it continues to drift weather in gps or Atti mode.

in gps it can still drift as much as a few feet side to side.

Am I correct. If you have it in GPS mode it should hover within a 3' or so area?

It's more than a few. I can go left to right and it will continue to drift and pretty much does the same in Atti mode.

I said meters, not feet. A meter equals about 39 inches. Make sure both the S1 and S2 switches are in the UP position. Unless the switch settings have been changed the GPS system should function correctly.

So like what ive seen on vids etc.... It won't just sit there and hover within a 5-6' area? Also I've noticed while flying I'll get a series of slow blinking green and a blinking red will pop in there so often what's that mean? I looked and couldn't figure that out?

From what I see. 4-5 green then 1 red. It may go another 10-15 green blinks then another red. I tried to pay more attention but the GPS hold isn't working right as in drifting all over the place. Seems to drift more to the right. I do have the prop guards and string as I'm not that confident and glad I had them today!

Yes from what I can tell all green at take off. In start up I get some yellow blinks from what I remember??? The red starts from what I see in flight and continues to blink here and there until I stop.

if the GPS does not see enough satellites, it will automatically switch to ATTI mode. If you get occasional red lights, then you have less than six satellites. Have you tried launching in other areas?
If you have crashed hard, it may have broken the GPS antenna inside.

No hard crashes as i only have been 5-8' in the air and using the prop guards

Sometimes when I first start flying the quad will drift quite a bit maybe 10' from one side to another. So I fly around slowly, raising up to maybe 40' or 50' off the ground and flying back and forth, then I bring it back in close to me and it has always settled down and will hover just fine. Try that and let me know if it helps. It seems that after going through that process I do not have to do it again. The next battery and when I take off it hovers fine. Just happens to me at the first take off.

It seems to be coming down to; not getting far enough away from you to establish actual GPS coordinates, 40-50 feet above and out the same distance, magnetic interference, (any cell phone towers near you), or switchs not in the correct position. The other option may be that you are losing a satalite lock after take off. What are the wind conditions during the flight? If GPS lock is established, the quad will attempt to maintain a horizontal hold in about a 4-10 foot radius. Otherwise, there may be a larger horizontal shift. If GPS lock is established and the winds are strong, the quad will return to the position before the winds moved it.

heres my start off sequence is it correct?

starts of with a series of 1 green blink and 3 yellow blinks, repeats about 3-4 times
then a series of rapid flashing green lights about 10 times
then 1 green 2 yellow
then 1 green 1 yellow and a series of rapid green lights 8-10 times
finally a green flash every 2-3 seconds

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1