GPS won't find satellites, any suggestions?

Reaction score
I bought my Phantom 1.1.1 a month ago used from b&h photo online. It worked fine, i did crash it a few times but everything still worked. One of my arms was slightly bent in a crash (gps still worked) so i decided to do a shell swap. Since then I have not been able to get a gps signal. 1 green, 3 red lights constantly. All of the cables are plugged in and i have recalibrated a few times. The only thing i could think of would be a cracked antenna on the gps. But i dont know how it would have broken during the swap, i was very careful. Also, i cant check the antenna because one of the screws is slightly stripped. Any suggestions on fixing the gps and/or how to remove such a small stripped screw to check the antenna?

Thanks guys!

Is several ways folks get out striped screws but first check at the compass on the skid and make sure it has not came loose .
It to has a connecter .
Use the search in my signature for removing stripped screws and you will see many threads on it .
Welcome to the forum Bradly :)

Reactions: IflyinWY
Yep, what Dirk said. The search engine is in my signature too... :D

Sumpin ain't plugged in right. It's a simple fix once you can get to it. Buy a bigger hammer so you can get inside the bird. Might be time to order another shell... :eek:

Reactions: dirkclod
I figured it out! Once I got through the stripped screws I found that my square GPS antenna had been cracked. I have a replacement in the mail. Should be flying again soon! Thanks

I figured it out! Once I got through the stripped screws I found that my square GPS antenna had been cracked. I have a replacement in the mail. Should be flying again soon! Thanks

if you did not you may want to order a better antenna module from digikey.com.
you can get a better 5 db gain 4mm antenna for about 5 bucks. since your in there already may as well upgrade it vs replace
931-1126-nd
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?vendor=0&keywords=931-1126-nd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik