GPS Tracking?

lol Funny thing happened to tonight with the crappy pocket finder gps tracked thingy. lol I had a low battery auto land mishap tonight. My fc40 decided to go in to low battery auto land and crashed a few blocks away and I went to go look for it and found it in about 5 minutes with out even needed to use the gps. It fell in to the back yard of a house that looks abandoned and fell threw some tress and landed in a trash heap of stuff strewn all over this yard and lol lol it freaking landed on a couch cushion. I pick it up and oh cool no damage except for some green leaf funk on the props Then I noticed the Gps locators holder was torn off from its clip that I had it clipped on the the landing gear with. I freaken spent an hour trying to find the dam thing and cant find it and its not locating threw the app either. So I found the phantom no problem. But the GPS locator is lost. Hopefully I can find it tomorrow in the day light.

J.James said:
lol Funny thing happened to tonight with the crappy pocket finder gps tracked thingy. lol I had a low battery auto land mishap tonight. My fc40 decided to go in to low battery auto land and crashed a few blocks away and I went to go look for it and found it in about 5 minutes with out even needed to use the gps. It fell in to the back yard of a house that looks abandoned and fell threw some tress and landed in a trash heap of stuff strewn all over this yard and lol lol it freaking landed on a couch cushion. I pick it up and oh cool no damage except for some green leaf funk on the props Then I noticed the Gps locators holder was torn off from its clip that I had it clipped on the the landing gear with. I freaken spent an hour trying to find the dam thing and cant find it and its not locating threw the app either. So I found the phantom no problem. But the GPS locator is lost. Hopefully I can find it tomorrow in the day light.
hmmm.... interesting... seems a little backwards... lol... that's a good one... may i ask what type of GPS tracker it was? You're sure it was turned on and fully charged? Is it using a SIM card? If so, did you have full cellular signal in this area? I'm using a Marco Polo which doesn't rely on cellular technology and gives more precision tracking... (of course not as large of coverage as cellular) but i will take the .5 to 2 mile range on this over cellular based on past experience...

I use the Pocket Finder and have for a few months. I feel the unit and the company are 100%, I have tested it for fun and it locates within 10 feet. I know there are others, but this one was rated great. I am trying to find something different than velcro. When you remove the PF to charge it, the velcro seems to wear out from on/off, even the industrial velcro.

Ya
hmmm.... interesting... seems a little backwards... lol... that's a good one... may i ask what type of GPS tracker it was? You're sure it was turned on and fully charged? Is it using a SIM card? If so, did you have full cellular signal in this area? I'm using a Marco Polo which doesn't rely on cellular technology and gives more precision tracking... (of course not as large of coverage as cellular) but i will take the .5 to 2 mile range on this over cellular based on past experience...

Ya lol way back wards It was one of the pocket finders. They dont use a sim (or if they do its built in) they dont have an on off switch and are always on inless they havnt moved for 30 minutes then it goes to sleep and dont track in less you ping it from the app or there web site and it was charged as of yesterday and gives alerts if it goes below a set battery alert level. But for some reason I never got an alert that the battery was at 30% and Then I thought it might of been damaged in the crash by the last up location alert was at about 5 pm and I had it in my pocket for a few hours so it should of had location up dates. For a few hours before it even took its flight so what ever it is happened before it went missing. But im thinking the battery had to of died and when I was some place in side were it wasn't able to send the alert. I hope I can find it tomorrow being its got to be some place reasonably close to were it fell. Just to much junk and stuff to really be able to get a good look tonight and I didnt want to be in the yard in the dark alley poking around for to long and have some one call the cops or some thing. So I try again tomorrow.

I use the Pocket Finder and have for a few months. I feel the unit and the company are 100%, I have tested it for fun and it locates within 10 feet. I know there are others, but this one was rated great. I am trying to find something different than velcro. When you remove the PF to charge it, the velcro seems to wear out from on/off, even the industrial velcro.

I had it in the crappy rubber case that comes with it with the carabiner clip on it. The loop on the rubber case is were it snapped lose. I intended to get to making a case for it out of some white upholstery vinyl scraps I had let over from when I reupholstered my boat. I was going to make 2 and some how securely attack one pouch to each of my phantoms. So if I find it I guess I will do that sooner then later.

Woot hoo I found it today it was in the yard next door on the other side of the fence were the grass was greener an also better kept. Turns out the battery must of been dead because Once I put it on the charging cradle it is locating again. So I set my low battery alert to a higher number and have it so it will text me and email me.

Which is a good thing cause some jerk must of early this morning and threw a new truck load of garbage and fresh cut tree branches RIGHT in the spot i was thinking it had to of been were the phantom was last night.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik