GPS Tracking Device ???

The Whistle tracker is cellular, not BT. It does have a base-station it connects to wireless, but it uses 900Mhz. The purpose of the base station is to save battery. When the unit is in close range to the base it will not use cellular.

As I mentioned, the Whistle (Whistle GPS Pet Tracker | Whistle) is designed for pets bit I think could easily be used for a UAV. My dog gets out on a regular bases and it tells me exactly where he is. There is an app or you can text it and it will reply with the street address of its location. I have found the address location VERY accurate. I have done a lot of testing walking around my neighborhood querying it and it always right on target. It is IP67 rated so it will probably survive even if your UAV does not. I need to figure out a good way to attach it to the Phantom, but it should not be hard.

Wireless, 900 MHz, cellular, and gps. That's a cool little setup.

I like to Velcro strap to landing gear personally. Most of everyone on here uses Velcro or zip ties. I use double sided Velcro almost exclusively.

Alternatively epoxy works great. If you are looking for good designs check shape ways or 3D print an attachment. You could probably save time and money buy buying a pre made 3D printed clip and then epoxy the GOS unit to the printed plastic. I've done this for other rc. That's the end all.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20