Gps tracker

Reaction score
I have a gps tracker that sends me it's gps location when called. You guys that have this what do you use to find the tracker

Indave said:
I have a gps tracker that sends me it's gps location when called. You guys that have this what do you use to find the tracker

This tracker?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-Global-Tra ... ni+tracker

If so, I use my iPhone. I get an SMS back with both GPS and GSM links (although GSM is pretty useless). GPS link opens up google maps. Then I can see where it is in relation to myself. Is this what you are asking?

DanCH said:

I had this to begin with...... I really liked it...... until it stopped working......... then I got another one, which worked for 1 week, then it failed, then another, then I gave up and got the Garmin GTU 10 and will just accept the monthly fee after the first year free

SARC said:
DanCH said:

I had this to begin with...... I really liked it...... until it stopped working......... then I got another one, which worked for 1 week, then it failed, then another, then I gave up and got the Garmin GTU 10 and will just accept the monthly fee after the first year free

Hopefully there is a better option out there in 3 years as that when the GTU 10 turns into a pumpkin. From the Garmin web site...

"The connected services provider for your GTU 10 has determined to cease operations of its 2G network by approximately Jan. 1, 2017. Unfortunately, the third-party services necessary to support the network connectivity operations of your GTU 10 unit will be impacted. At this time, there is no viable alternative of such services; therefore, after such date your GTU10 unit will no longer be operational. We apologize for the inconvenience."

LuvMyTJ said:
"The connected services provider for your GTU 10 has determined to cease operations of its 2G network by approximately Jan. 1, 2017. Unfortunately, the third-party services necessary to support the network connectivity operations of your GTU 10 unit will be impacted. At this time, there is no viable alternative of such services; therefore, after such date your GTU10 unit will no longer be operational. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I bought one anyway even knowing that, I feel confident I'll have found a suitable replacement in that time considering how far that market has come in even just the past year. That's the kind of hardware I usually keep on a roughly 3-year refresh cycle anyway.

I agree with you, I didn't mean the post to seem caddy. :D I am considering one myself but I keep waiting to see if they will release the Retriever soon.

I wonder why dji won't put it in our phantom since it has gps connectivity ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

aceguintu73 said:
I wonder why dji won't put it in our phantom since it has gps connectivity ?

Even if they did, one of the big benefits of having a separate GPS tracker is that it will still work even if the phantom looses power or GPS functionality.

LuvMyTJ said:
I agree with you, I didn't mean the post to seem caddy. :D I am considering one myself but I keep waiting to see if they will release the Retriever soon.

No worries, didn't sound like that to me ;) Right now I use my garmin on my Phantom and 550 both, moving it back and forth to whichever I'm flying at the time. If Garmin releases something else to fill the same spot in their lineup I may get it so I'll have a tracker for each.

True but would have been great if they did specially if they have issues with flyways

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

The GTU 10 Asset Tracker and Pet Tracker is no longer being manufactured or sold by Garmin. GTU 10 services will continue to be provided until the dates below.

31/12/2014 - Last opportunity to renew the Basic subscription for 12 months.
30/11/2014 - Last opportunity to renew the Deluxe subscription for a month.
31/12/2014 - Deluxe subscription service ends.
01/01/2016 - Basic subscription service ends. The web interface and mobile phone app will also be discontinued on this date.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-Global-Tra ... ni+tracker

If so, I use my iPhone. I get an SMS back with both GPS and GSM links (although GSM is pretty useless). GPS link opens up google maps. Then I can see where it is in relation to myself. Is this what you are asking?[/quote]

Is this worth buying? A lot of negative reviews on Amazon including suggestions that it does not come with a UK charger and/or it needs a sim card that you can no longer buy.

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20