Gps tracker

Reaction score
What is a good GPS tracker that wont break the bank? I think its a sound investment considering what it is protecting. If you have any links that would sure help. Thanks!!
I think I asked this before but couldn't find it in my history. Maybe I forgot to hit submit.

Im looking at the TK102B GPS tracker. How does it work? Do I just follow its signal on my phone or what?

I am partial to this one as it has found mine dead on when I lost it awhile back. You just call it and you will get a voicemail and you hang up. It will send you back a message that you tap and it will show you on map where it is . Has always worked great for me .
There all kinds of trackers out there and all have their favorite ones but this is mine ! ;)
This is what mine showed me when I had my UE flyaway and it was right where it showed it, and was over a mile away .

Attachments

• IMG_2611.PNG
    IMG_2611.PNG
    227.9 KB · Views: 555
If you get a vf-r16 make sure you put the nano sim card in with the gold side up or it might get stuck. .mine did and I split the case open and pushed out the sim card,but it damaged the card and the inside of the sim card slot ..there's little metal fingers in there that got caught on the card...good one.....
the tk102 tracker is good but it weighs about twice as much as the rf-v16. .

turbodronepilot said:
If you get a vf-r16 make sure you put the nano sim card in with the gold side up or it might get stuck. .mine did and I split the case open and pushed out the sim card,but it damaged the card and the inside of the sim card slot ..there's little metal fingers in there that got caught on the card...good one.....
the tk102 tracker is good but it weighs about twice as much as the rf-v16. .
Sounds like that was a read the manual issue there turbo :shock: ;) I can't really see any difference with that little amount of weight . I have used others but I just settled on this one :D The weight don't matter to me if I find by bird with it !

turbodronepilot said:
Hey dirkclod..I did ..too bad they left that info out..
They do tend to leave out the important stuff sometimes . Sounds like that manual needs an redo ..eh ;) Good ya warned folks about it :D

I had a little in counter with a tree the other day and It took out my tk102. Killed the power to the battery of the phantom too . .good thing the locator 8 was on board...then the sim card issue on the rf-v16. .good thing these trackers are inexpensive. ..

my crash was actually funny ..when I figure out how to post my Mobizen video I will...if you don't have Mobizen app do yourself a favor and install it..

It's super cool..I learned about it on here,but I'm surprised it hasn't got more attention. .it records whatever is on your screen. .it cracks me up to hear people actually haul computers and dvr's out to the field...

I was using something from Emu4ios but lost it when I did a reset and now it won't load . I think it was called Sho or something close and liked it .

turbodronepilot said:
my crash was actually funny ..when I figure out how to post my Mobizen video I will...if you don't have Mobizen app do yourself a favor and install it..
When you connect your PC laptop or desktop using this program the videos stored on phone or tablet are displayed. Click on one video and it highlights. There is a small arrow after the file name. Click on that. Window opens and bottom command is download. It downloads the video to your compter in MPEG4 format. Once in computer you can do with it what you want. Clean it up in your video editor and send to YouTube.
Interesting program. Wonder why they don't charge for it. Maybe sucking everything out of your computer and selling it all? Who knows.

Who isn't sucking info out of your phone..did you see the 60 mins episode talking about info gatherers ?? Great app though. .thanks happyflyer for the 411..

I have been "Playing" with that program and so far I agree with you. This thing is great so far. Will be of great use when winter ends and I can fly again.
Thanks for the mention of it.
Yes, the spies are everywhere.

turbodronepilot said:
Got to love the weather in California. .it's a beautiful day here in prather. .
It is.
2005 and 2008 trip not too far from you from San Francisco on through Fresno and to Kings Canyon and more. Was nice.

ccase39 said:
What is a good GPS tracker that wont break the bank? I think its a sound investment considering what it is protecting. If you have any links that would sure help. Thanks!!
I think I asked this before but couldn't find it in my history. Maybe I forgot to hit submit.

Im looking at the TK102B GPS tracker. How does it work? Do I just follow its signal on my phone or what?
As far as how it works here's you an example . I just clipped a tree and saw where it went down but decided to use the tracker to test it some more . The screenshot shows in red where my quad is and the blue dot shows where I am . As I walk the blue dot moves and I can tell which way to go to get to it and worked great ! I also tried the Find My Phantom feature in my app and it worked also . I could see in my app the limbs blowing and got to it but was in top of cedar tree and like not to saw it but did and my big butt had to climb up and shake it out :lol: Just a couple of broke props but that happened when it fell out of tree .
Just another dirkclod adventure :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_2864.PNG
    IMG_2864.PNG
    585 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0531.PNG
    IMG_0531.PNG
    910 KB · Views: 340

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics