GPS Tracker

Reaction score
I am considering installing a GPS tracking device. I have searched a lot of posts but don't have a clear idea about what are considered the best products at this time. I am only looking for a simple, inexpensive, tracking device, not the full services provided by products such as Flytrex Live 3G.

Which locators are recommended these days?

Rick

Do you fly long distance at all ..... such as beyond 2,000 feet?

If you don't then I would agree with you that the Flytrex Live 3G device is too fancy for what you need. You might be better off with one of the call-and-respond GPS trackers that has the primary function of helping you locate your bird after a flyaway event.

However, if you do fly beyond 2,000 feet up to a mile or more than I highly suggest you get a Flytrex Live 3G. I have the 2G version and it's pretty much necessary once the UAV flies beyond your visual range and you need to know where it is at every second in real time. As long as you are flying in good coverage area, the Flytrex Live device is the only product on the market that will show you the real time location of your bird on Google Maps satellite imagery.

TimmyG94, no, I don't fly long distances, generally within visual sight. I have never had a hard landing or lost the bird in any way. However I am trying to protect against the possibility of a fly-away or a rough landing in bush.

The trackers recommended by Great Pumpkin and msinger both need a cellular subscription. Is that common with all types? I am reluctant to get into an ongoing monthly payment situation for a device I hope never to need. I know, I know, it is a small price compared to a lost Phantom!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav