GPS Tracker

Reaction score
I should be receiving my Phantom 2 V+ this week. I'm putting a GPS on it just to make my wife feel better about the large investment. (well maybe me too a little)

Anyways, has anyone had any issues with interference from a tracker?

Where is the best place to mount one so it doesn't interfere with say the GPS of the quad itself?

Don't expect to have to use it, but I found a TAGG on Craiglist for $45 and figure it's worth it for peace of mind.

Any thoughts?

You will find lots of discussion(s) on trackers. Search around and read.
I have never found any problem with mine. It is very small and mounted under the battery with Velcro. I have read where it has been suggested not to place it on top. Could cause a problem with the quads GPS.
Read manual and watch many videos. Do not "fly out of the box." You will enjoy your new device much more and have much less problems.
Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks Happy! I've done as you've suggested, in fact I've been reading, watching, re-reading, re-watching and researching for at least a month now. I TOTALLY agree with that recommendation, especially after seeing some of the new guys posting their "problems" after flying right out of the box!
I'll search around a little more to see what else I can find.

Thanks again!

Happyflyer said:
You will find lots of discussion(s) on trackers. Search around and read.
I have never found any problem with mine. It is very small and mounted under the battery with Velcro. I have read where it has been suggested not to place it on top. Could cause a problem with the quads GPS.
Read manual and watch many videos. Do not "fly out of the box." You will enjoy your new device much more and have much less problems.
Welcome to the forum! :)

HappyFlyer beat me to it... didn't see that post.

Just remember the antennas for the TAGG are in the short grey straps so don't cut those off!

Thanks for the links Redwood.
I guess I should have searched for the TAGG specifically.
My search for GPS tracker brought back over 200 pages, many of which were specific to the quads GPS so I took the lazy route and started a new thread.
Will look a little harder next time!

Eagleseye,
In your browser's search engine type in phantom pilots a space and then your question. You will find it works MUCH better than the search here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj