GPS Tracker RF-V16 Position on P4

Reaction score
I was just wondering what people think to the GPS Tracker RF-V16 Position on P4.?

Not sure how it will affect aerodynamics, interference etc.
9c4ecba278922b2238093d6f82afd832.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm in the UK so that will cost me about £30 to get it shipped here. Tax Duty handling charge etc. I'll try and find someone with a 3D printer. I'll design one on CAD[emoji106][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I didn't pay taxes or anything.It' s a small and light thing they're not charge taxes for it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The RF-V16 seems a good price at $49, but it also appears to be a 2G device. Most places are switching off their 2G (GSM) networks in favour of 3G and 4G tech, so I would check carefully if and how long you will be able to use it where you live...
Google '22 network ending', eg...
USA AT&T: 2017 end of the line for 2G | Security Systems News
Australia Telstra Closing 2G GSM Network By End 2016 - Smart House

I think the new models are 3G because I install a 3G SIM card to all of mine.

You may be right about an updated model, but the one I was shown which the owner couldn't get to work in New Zealand was definitely a 2G, bought 3 months ago.

Noting that a 3G card will work in a 2G device, but the device wouldn't operate on a 3G system, can you get the FCC number from your tracker and check in the FCC database?

You may be right about an updated model, but the one I was shown which the owner couldn't get to work in New Zealand was definitely a 2G, bought 3 months ago.

Noting that a 3G card will work in a 2G device, but the device wouldn't operate on a 3G system, can you get the FCC number from your tracker and check in the FCC database?

Ok I will tell you later.

Translate to English please. I am in the UK and would love a tracker on the drone.

So basically...........

1. Which is a good tracker and sim card/type for the UK

2. Where to mount it and how.

3. Does it work on google maps etc?

4. If it does work can I text it a message and get co-ords by return text which you then put into Google maps?

Thanks!

Last edited:
My RF-V16 was good until it decided to stop working (wont turn on even when I connect via usb cable to charge??

Good news re my last post, I was determined to get my tracker working again so over xmas wedged back cover off and fiddled about and got it to boot up and is working perfectly. My advice to pilots is don't leave home without a tracker because one day if you lose your quad you will be able to locate it ps (but not over water) lol.

• 3G sim card support to use AT&T ,T-Mobile sim cards support
  • package no include sim card,please buy the sim card from your local market
  • Low power consumption chip design,GPS Positioning accuracy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan