GPS Tracker for Phantom

I am going to get the TK109B but zip tying it to the Phantom Frame looks a bit like a botch job. Any 3D printers out there who could print off a holder for the Phantom 3?
I had mine printed by this wonderful seller from Israel. I bought the holder for TK102 but asked him to print one for TK109B after providing him the dimensions. It took 10 days to get to northern CA.
1x TK 102 GPS Holder / mount for DJI Phantom 3 only!

I had mine printed by this wonderful seller from Israel. I bought the holder for TK102 but asked him to print one for TK109B after providing him the dimensions. It took 10 days to get to northern CA.
1x TK 102 GPS Holder / mount for DJI Phantom 3 only!

I got mine from him too.

IMG_1308_zpsdlgebiaj.jpg

I'm using this one and it works great with H2O Wireless SIM card; $10 for 3 months. Just call it and it texts back its location with link to Google Maps.
If someone needs help with the setup, I can help.
5c3e12026e9dc5b8c92ca9cd969f1454.jpg
Is this tracker not a 2G as well? It's hard to decipher from the specs.

It's likely a 2G device but I'm using 3G/LTE SIM from H2O Wireless.
Gotcha.
I like the SIM/pay as you go model for a gps tracker and get everything I'm looking for from the RF V-16. With all the talk of 2G being dropped, I'm keeping my eyes open for a new option with the same SIM/PAYG setup.

I just ordered the TKStar GPS tracker for about $45. (It arrives tomorrow). It's got decent reviews and is significantly cheaper than the Trackimo so I thought I'd give it a try. Has anyone here used this particular unit? If so - do you find it works well enough?

Is there a 3D printer mount available for this one? I have a 3D printer but I'm not a designer. If something already exists for this - or if someone ( @BDOG ) was willing to design one for it - I'd be grateful if they'd share the .stl file or thingiverse link with me! :)

i see lot people talking abut putting a tracker but for what I see and read fail safe must be RTH so why is it needed to have a tracker ? .does the p3p just fail out of the sky or am I missing something ?
I guess you're kind of new here have you ever heard of a fly away

I'm considering a tracker. I'm about to get another bird. Had to send mine in for maintenance. The thing that has me on edge is the cost of the tracker and the fees associated with it. I'm not certain it is cost effective when the cost exceeds a couple hundred bucks.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm not certain it is cost effective when the cost exceeds a couple hundred bucks.
The thing you have to consider is the cost required to replace your missing bird. It's like any kind of insurance though -- you might never need to use it. But, it'll be there if you need it.

I just ordered the TKStar GPS tracker for about $45. (It arrives tomorrow). It's got decent reviews and is significantly cheaper than the Trackimo so I thought I'd give it a try. Has anyone here used this particular unit? If so - do you find it works well enough?

Is there a 3D printer mount available for this one? I have a 3D printer but I'm not a designer. If something already exists for this - or if someone ( @BDOG ) was willing to design one for it - I'd be grateful if they'd share the .stl file or thingiverse link with me! :)
I'm using one and it works really well with H2O Wireless PAYG plan, $10 for every 3 months. The accuracy of returned locations is always dead on. And battery life is excellent. I got the mount from this eBay seller from Israel. It took 10 days to CA. It's fairly easy to set it up with 5 text messages after the SIM card is activated. Let me know if you need help.
1x XGPS TK109B Holder for DJI Phantom-3 (TPU rubber)

Reactions: Tenly
I use the Marco Polo tracker, No monthly fees, cell service isn't required, and works anywhere.

I finally broke down and got the Marco Polo. I tell you that I feel it is the best for the money in the long run.

It works great and I don't have any monthly fees, and it will always be there when I need it.

Granted it is not the prettiest thing, but it works and is more accurate than 99% of them out there!

Reactions: metal69rock

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj