GPS Tracker - Can it affect the compass?

Reaction score
Anyone have a GPS tracker on their bird close to the Compass?
I'm using a TK109B (and love it btw).

Considering moving mine to within 3 inches of the compass and not sure if it will have any adverse affect.

I'll definitely look at the mod values after moving it (if I do) and probably do a compass recalibration but if someone else has already been there and done that and has some experience .....

Searching for "tracker compass" shows 199 results. ;)

Searching for "tracker compass" shows 199 results. ;)

Looking for someone active, with a TK109 preferably.....who has moved it to a location closer to the GPS from a previous location.

Didn't see anything quite matching that criteria

Thanks

Last edited:
Many people have trackers mounted in various places. I've never seen anyone mention if affects the compass. If you're worried about it though, it should be easy enough to mount it on the other side.

Reactions: Bwsbmw
I have had mine just a several inches from it with never any issue's .
The only thing is when you put it where ever you do you have to do the dance .
Then if you ever move it you have to do it again .

I have no issues running mine in the mount designed for it and the phantom 2. Tk109 will go into sleep mode after 5 min. It won't wake up untill you call it so there won't be any affect from the tk109 unless you call it while flying the phantom. That may cause issues. I have changed mine to no sleep so it's constantly sending out a signal, i haven't tried this yet, but I'm expecting possible interference cause it's constantly live tracking. so unless you've changed the default sleep time, I have never had any interference, or problems. Flyaways lose of Connection ext. On my current setup, hight and distance with the GPS tracker on is 500m high 2000m distance, no interference.

Attachments

• 1497273961930-1500550547.jpg
    1497273961930-1500550547.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 241
Looking for someone active, with a TK109 preferably.....who has moved it to a location closer to the GPS from a previous location.

Didn't see anything quite matching that criteria

Thanks
Recommend you buy the mount off eBay. Cheap and I have it on the opposite side of the compass. I do I do not recommend putting it anywhere else especially closer to the GPS on the very top or closer to your possible VTX antenna like mine and Compass are all on the right side and the tk109 is on the left. Check my post above this one.

Attachments

• 1497274359293136006897.jpg
    1497274359293136006897.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 234

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj