GPS Tracker?? Anyone using these with the P3 ?

Reaction score
Anyone using one of these GPS tracking devices with their P3?? I am thinking about getting one and would love some advise as to what one works best, where to buy and where to attach and how? All you experts must be able to point me in the right direction

Reactions: Oso
Thanks for the suggestion but I did and only seen comments referring to the P2. Guessing the same issues involved but as they are a different bird I was hoping for some information from experienced P3 owners
The 3rd, 7th, 8th, 12th, and 14th posts in that list are all P3 related...

Anyone using one of these GPS tracking devices with their P3?? I am thinking about getting one and would love some advise as to what one works best, where to buy and where to attach and how? All you experts must be able to point me in the right direction
This is the best GPS tracker i have seen so far http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Mini-...S-Dual-Talk-/261861693147?hash=item3cf82c56db.
And this is the cheapest and best 3d printed mount for the P3: 1x RF V 16 GPS Holder / mount for DJI Phantom 3 only!

Marco Polo. No monthly costs. Gets you right to it if you're within two miles. Have one on my P2 and P3.

Jerry

I have a trackimo 100... Nothing but problems since I added it. Although I did mount it over my compass before I figured out where the compass was. After moving it, still have issues. With that said, a lot of people have had good luck with them.

I have a trackimo 100... Nothing but problems since I added it. Although I did mount it over my compass before I figured out where the compass was. After moving it, still have issues. With that said, a lot of people have had good luck with them.

Did you mean GPS or Compass? Just curious. Either is possible.

Did you mean GPS or Compass? Just curious. Either is possible.

I believe compass. In the back right side of the landing gear there is a compass or a compass sensor(not sure) but that's where I mounted it. Correct me if I am wrong please, still in the learning process.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Pet tracker. made for on your dog's collar. small, lightweight and water resistant. has a great android or ios app or you can log on via their site. gives you alerts when the battery is getting low. $9.95/mo

I believe compass. In the back right side of the landing gear there is a compass or a compass sensor(not sure) but that's where I mounted it. Correct me if I am wrong please, still in the learning process.

You are correct sir !

Is it the actual compass or a sensor? How hard is it to replace the compass?

The actual compass is a small circuit board on the leg on all Phantoms

Replacement requires opening the shell. The compass plugs into the GPS board in the top shell.

It is not a particularly difficult task.

Marco Polo. No monthly costs. Gets you right to it if you're within two miles. Have one on my P2 and P3.

Jerry
Hi Jerry,

Does it actually take you right up to it like advertised? How far away did your wife hide them? Any problems with mounting the transmitters? How are the transmitters fastened on? Are you still happy with that system?

Thanks,
Scott

Reactions: Fourprops

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20