GPS trace file

Reaction score
hi to everyone ... for some time I realized that in the movies I make no more the GPS trace file ... any of you that is definitely a black belt in Dji can tell me where to look for them in settings?
thank you :)))

I believe you're referring to the "Video Caption" setting in DJI GO. If so, you can enable it here:

VideoCaption.png

Reactions: JustinR
What do ppl use video caption for? Just to have listed the gps and date for their own references? J/q I think it kinda ruins the view/picture having the writing at the bottom of the screen, I really wish there was a way Just to choose to have the date only placed on the bottom left or right corner of the video while it plays..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome thank you! I saw that method listed but looked forever and couldn't find the setting.

It doesn't seem to change anything on mine. The videos still don't have any info on the screen.

It doesn't seem to change anything on mine. The videos still don't have any info on the screen.
The video captions are created as an .srt (subtitle) file. To view them on the video, it's easiest to have the .srt file in the same directory and you need to enable 'show subtitles' on your player.

I use Daum Potplayer and the on-screen subtitle display is fully configurable for font size, screen position, transparency etc etc, so it doesn't have to be large font and right in the middle of the screen, thus overly obscuring the vid. I think most good media players are similarly configurable.

Here's an example from one of my vids
DJI_0044.MP4_20170105_045300.271.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JustinR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen