Gps signal worries

Reaction score
I want to ask if I should be concerned with my P3. I have roughly 1/2 acre in my back yard but the only clear spot is towards the back. its about 100 feet long but I have woods the back my property and they are up maybe 60 feet or so and branch out and create a canopy. There are still gaps in it and its only a U shape. My P2 without camera is very unstable back there but it has issue and even in cleared areas drifts and such, Without a camera system I only see that its a green status. I have lost control back there a few times and crashed landed. So my question is will my P3 be more predictable or reliable or should I just not chance it and take to the ball fields?

I want to ask if I should be concerned with my P3. I have roughly 1/2 acre in my back yard but the only clear spot is towards the back. its about 100 feet long but I have woods the back my property and they are up maybe 60 feet or so and branch out and create a canopy. There are still gaps in it and its only a U shape. My P2 without camera is very unstable back there but it has issue and even in cleared areas drifts and such, Without a camera system I only see that its a green status. I have lost control back there a few times and crashed landed. So my question is will my P3 be more predictable or reliable or should I just not chance it and take to the ball fields?

Since the P3 uses GLONASS in addition to US GPS, it will most likely be more accurate than the P2.

I would advise keeping it conservative under the canopy until you determine it is keeping a good sat lock. The sat count is visible in the app.

Also, is it so dense that you cannot control in manually? Maybe some ATTI practice too! Out in the field of course! :)

upgrade the antenna on the P2 to stop that gps issue.

P3 should be fine as it has upgraded GPS system

upgrade the antenna on the P2 to stop that gps issue.

P3 should be fine as it has upgraded GPS system

When you say antenna are you talking about the ceramic antenna on the board or are you talking about adding an additional antenna as used for longer distances?

Since the P3 uses GLONASS in addition to US GPS, it will most likely be more accurate than the P2.

I would advise keeping it conservative under the canopy until you determine it is keeping a good sat lock. The sat count is visible in the app.

Also, is it so dense that you cannot control in manually? Maybe some ATTI practice too! Out in the field of course! :)
I haven't got a lot of fly time. I just got into after years of non flying. I tried a small helicopter and couldn't control it and lost interest until my buddy who owns a Pawn shop got one of these in. I was amazed of how easy it was to fly. I just get to nervous when it gets around objects. My go to method was punch it up above trees but then it was drifting and I had small window to get it back down. I haven't developed the motor skills and instincts of the controls

just the 6 dollar ceramic.
I have 5 of them. Much thicker but I am not sure any better. Ebay.... My issue is I can't solder worth a crap. I may need to take a small electronics course. I had the chance way back when pagers were in. Passed it up and now I regret it

Agreed

I have 5 of them. Much thicker but I am not sure any better. Ebay.... My issue is I can't solder worth a crap. I may need to take a small electronics course. I had the chance way back when pagers were in. Passed it up and now I regret it

they are MUCH better 1 simple solder point to do.

I still think you are NOT waiting for GPS lock. it can take several minutes with OEM antenna esp if in area without good open horizon.

ARE you WAITING for 2 COMPLTE sets of fast flashing greens leds lights ?????

I haven't got a lot of fly time. I just got into after years of non flying. I tried a small helicopter and couldn't control it and lost interest until my buddy who owns a Pawn shop got one of these in. I was amazed of how easy it was to fly. I just get to nervous when it gets around objects. My go to method was punch it up above trees but then it was drifting and I had small window to get it back down. I haven't developed the motor skills and instincts of the controls

don't need motor instincts and control for most part if you LET it get GPS LOCK

If you want to accelerate your motor skills without risking your Phantom, I can highly recommend getting yourself an inexpensive 250 size quad, running cleanflight firmware. After a few weeks of practice (and a bunch of broken $ 0.70 props) and your Phantom in ATTI mode will be effortless. Also the 250 will be easier than a heli too, so don't worry about that.

Reactions: KavG
don't need motor instincts and control for most part if you LET it get GPS LOCK
Agreed but that's where the issue is coming in with this P2. The P2V and P3 are spot on. I can see all stats but the P2 is tired and no status other then green lights

Agreed but that's where the issue is coming in with this P2. The P2V and P3 are spot on. I can see all stats but the P2 is tired and no status other then green lights

that is all ANY P2 has. its not tired , that is designed.

anyhow I asked 4 times and you have not answered a simple question. so good luck and enjoy.
take care.

GPS is far better than it used to be. On the P2v+ I was lucky to get 8 satellites - now I get 20. Plenty of people get GPS lock in very poor signal areas with the P3 so you will be fine.
I hate prop guards but if you are flying close to trees they are a good idea!

If you want to accelerate your motor skills without risking your Phantom, I can highly recommend getting yourself an inexpensive 250 size quad, running cleanflight firmware. After a few weeks of practice (and a bunch of broken $ 0.70 props) and your Phantom in ATTI mode will be effortless. Also the 250 will be easier than a heli too, so don't worry about that.

Absolutely agree!!!
I have flown RC helicopters for many years. (I can still fly my TT Raptor upside down facing me) but such skills come with practice. With quads you obviously, don't need to know how to fly upside down but I think it is Essential to know how to fly well in ATTI mode. It will get you out of trouble many times. Get a 250 sized quad, (I have three) besides them being increadble fun they are fantastic to practise on. I still fly my 250, and blade 150 almost every day, even on days I cannot get the P3 up.

they are MUCH better 1 simple solder point to do.

I still think you are NOT waiting for GPS lock. it can take several minutes with OEM antenna esp if in area without good open horizon.

ARE you WAITING for 2 COMPLTE sets of fast flashing greens leds lights ?????
I have answered this question. I stated that it was blinking a fast green to a slow green flash.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Took it in back yard today. I had 11-15 satelittes as I cruised around the yard. Was rock steady

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.