GPS Signal low

Reaction score
Tried to use follow me yesterday and when i would try to engage it would pop up and say GPS signal on device not avaiable or low.. Any ideas?

What kind of mobile device are you using?

The cellular or Wi-Fi only model?

That's the problem. Only the cellular models have GPS.

If you don't want to purchase a new mobile device, you could get a Bluetooth GPS receiver.

i thought in follow me mode, it followed the signal from the controller? didnt think the tablet or phone had anything to do with it..

It's all about the location of your mobile device. The external gps units are compact and work well through blue tooth. I use one with my iPad flying airplanes. Will be more than accurate enough for what you'd like to accomplish and it'll fit reasonably well in your pocket or you could Velcro to your controller

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can find a list of commonly used external GPS receivers here. Based on price and the fact that it can connect to both GPS and GLONASS satellites, I would get the Garmin GLO.

I use a Dual but the Garmin is probably just fine as well! They are all pretty simple once paired. Just turn on and wait a few seconds. Just another thing to remember to charge though :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl