Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional GPS signal lost on bluebird day

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by 3TailsMedia, Jun 30, 2015.

1. 3TailsMedia

Locked in 18 satellites but still got "signal lost" warning in clear skies and no cover. What gives?

Attached Files:

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

The No Signal warning is not related to GPS.
    It's about the video signal - but it's a false alarm.
    A temporary glitch that seems to have crept in with the last firmware update.
    Quite a few threads about it lately.

ScottyT likes this.
  3. 3TailsMedia

I did see other "lost signal" threads before posting but they were related to video feed, and I was under the assumption this warning refers to GPS as it is where you get the "Safe to Fly" notification based on GPS signal strength. Thanks for clarification.

4. jpd6541

So when that says weak signal, it's just for video feed? I've gotten the weak signal before and zipped back closer to me because I also thought that meant it was losing connection with aircraft and Rc

5. Daniel Voyer

Just happened to me too. Brought it back right away, thought it was signal aircraft lost. You sure it's video feed? Is there other threads on this subject i can read about?

6. bbfpv

There are 2 signal bars in the app. 1 for video feed and 1 for controller connection. Both will eventually initiate rth. The message has nothing to do with GPS, which can be confirmed by looking at the sat count in the app when it happens.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

bobmyers likes this.
  7. 30secs

Which still begs the question, how do we know if it's the loss of video feed or rx/tx communication? Or both?

8. bobmyers

If you lose video you wont unless you can see the phantom and if it responds to the controller. If you still have video then you will be able to see if the controller has signal.

bbfpv likes this.
  9. 30secs

Sorry I don't understand. If I lose video I won't what? There are a couple of ifs in that sentence I'm not sure what you mean.

I received a few list signals before most times I have control over the phantom once it asked me if I wanted to initiate rth.

10. bobmyers

If you lose video you wont be able to see the icons on the screen and you wont know whether there is a controller signal with the aircraft or a Lightbridge video loss which provides the camera picture. If you have video, the app will show you when the controller signal is weak, If you don't have any video, there is no way to determine if you lost control to the aircraft or just video feed from the aircraft. They are two separated signals.

11. 30secs

How about lost signal and camera is frozen?

12. bobmyers

May as well call the screen black-- lost both feeds if the screen is frozen