gps question

Reaction score
so after installing my flytrex and using the y cable ( which does not have lock clips ins for the plug in ends except the flytrex board end) which is weird why would all the ends not have lock in connectors.

Anyway I've noticed my gps was dropping out on the app when I touch the top of the the phantom or even put hand close to it on top is this normal ? ,or have I done something when installing the flytrex.

I notice the icon goes from blue to gray on the app and drops to 3,4 or sometimes it goes to 0
when I move my hand it comes back to blue and sats show 9
I still have camera control and shows 9 sats locked until I get hand near top.
I never noticed it dropping out before when doing this but maybe it did
anyone elses do this ? I don't want to fly until im sure as don't want a fly away
and yes I know the gps is on top but cant remember it doing this before

I don't tend to handle the aircraft after its got a lock, just fly. Having said that I haven't noticed a change in sensitivity before or after the Flytrex installation. It will lose lock on the rare occasion I do a compass dance during the vertical rotation, but other than that I haven't noticed anything untoward.

Pull_Up said:
I don't tend to handle the aircraft after its got a lock, just fly. Having said that I haven't noticed a change in sensitivity before or after the Flytrex installation. It will lose lock on the rare occasion I do a compass dance during the vertical rotation, but other than that I haven't noticed anything untoward.

I have had no problem either just was noticing it when bench testing after install.
I flew last night all worked well, just didn't remember it ever cutting out like that before
by the way it was -14 F and -26F with wind chill wonder if we need a flytrex badge for coldest and warmest flown in :)

skyhighdiver said:
By the way it was -14 F and -26F with wind chill wonder if we need a flytrex badge for coldest and warmest flown in :)

Holy Crap! I was complaining the other day because I went out to fly and it was 38°. Guess I'll shut up!

I'm just hooking up my Flytrex today, so I'll see if I have any 'funny business' showing up. Got a 4-5 day RV trip to a nearby lake/campground planned where I intend to do a lot of flying. Of course, now all of a sudden they're forecasting rain for most of that time. Grrr. :x

How about a Flytrex badge for flying in torrential downpours? No huh . . . :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1