GPS Post-Crash is confusing me!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having issue with my GPS after it crashed and I encourage any input!

Since crashing everything seems to be working okay, luckily. However the GPS is another story.

I feared that i cracked the antenna (which I did) so i bought the 4mm puck upgrade. I got it soldered and I visited Robsquad to test it all. I plugged Rob's spare gps unit in and it picked up satellites.

However, I plugged mine in and no sats were picked up. Tried again and nothing. Tried one more time and 8 satellites were picked up, continuously. I thought everything was great.

I dissembled my quad and installed everything into another shell due to a crack and now no satellites are picked up. However the drone recognises the GPS plugged in and even the Hardware ID and firmware IDs are shown on Phantom Assistant.

How is this possible?

Many thanks, Ben

I've just been out into a field where I've flown before with satellites and it picked up only 4 sats. Nothing more. It seems like something's loose or something?

Is this solder joint okay with the puck?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442526497.572875.jpg

I've just been out into a field where I've flown before with satellites and it picked up only 4 sats. Nothing more. It seems like something's loose or something?

Is this solder joint okay with the puck? View attachment 31020

2 things come to my mind, is the pin all the through the board, flush to it.
and very thoroughly check the module for cracks or broken traces.

its probably is worth resolding the pin just because no harm, and it might do the trick.

good luck and have fun flying!

I've checked the solder as I resoldered and the joint is good. The pin protrudes through the board to solder kirk.

The module is brand new from buzzkill.

:(

Okay now I'm even more confused. I brought the drone home from work and turned it on hoping to get satellite lock. Turned it on and I had 10 satellites! Fantastic!

I went to reinstall the top lid, fastening it, putting the shields over etc and I thought I'll try it again before a tighten it all up. Now, it won't get satellites at all and the bird thinks the module is 'disconnect' so won't even spool.

I am so confused. Why does it think it's disconnected now when no more than 30seconds before it had 10 satellites. I'm losing faith

Okay now I'm even more confused. I brought the drone home from work and turned it on hoping to get satellite lock. Turned it on and I had 10 satellites! Fantastic!

I went to reinstall the top lid, fastening it, putting the shields over etc and I thought I'll try it again before a tighten it all up. Now, it won't get satellites at all and the bird thinks the module is 'disconnect' so won't even spool.

I am so confused. Why does it think it's disconnected now when no more than 30seconds before it had 10 satellites. I'm losing faith

The plug from top gps module to bottom naza probably got disconnected or is not all the way in. Easy to miss when putting top back on.
when that happens the quad wont even fire the motors

It ended up being the module that was at fault causing intermittent connection and not. New module with a 4mm puck and it's finally catching satellites

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav