GPS PLUG CONNECTION FIX

Re: VERY IMPORTANT DISCOVERY

Prylar Bek said:
RichWest said:
A set of pictures in the top post at rcgroups' thread... Answers the question about cables and ferrites...and the connector for the GPS.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 2&page=592
Aaha. SO, has the clip we are all talking about been improved enough to click into place or does it need some kind of remedy...glue, etc.?

It looks like mine...V2?

Copy. Would like to know from Richwest if the plug socket has gotten better on the V3

Prylar Bek said:
Copy. Would like to know from Richwest if the plug socket has gotten better on the V3

Don't mean to tell you what to do, but crack that bad boy open and start learning the guts. You're gona do it soon either way....;) Copy:

looks the same to me, see the first image from the set of photos...

MapMaker,
you are absolutely correct.
loss of satellites number will not initiate RTH but loss of controller link and battery too low will.

If this is the connection, I have been leery of it due to it being so loose.
RB

Attachments

• GPS Connector.jpg
    GPS Connector.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 429

I don't want to spoil the party, but I found my connector is fairly firmly connected when I opened my Phantom today. It does slide side to side a bit if I apply force to it. It's not loose enough to move on its own though. When removing/inserting the connector, I can feel the plug gripping the pins.

flyNfrank, just a suggestions. Can you change the title of this thread so people know what it's about?

An honest man's voice in the wilderness is heard...

I should also note that I've only removed my shell about 4 times now. Perhaps this just becomes an issue after removing the shell many times.

You'd know if it came out as the phantom wouldn't start up... This ever happened ?

Those pictures on rc groups show that dji have drilled loads of holes on the top cover of the wi-fi unit to dissapate heat , also they have fitted an extra 3 ferrite beads to the camera cables .As for the gps connection ? looks the same as v1/v2.

Prylar Bek said:
SO, back to an earlier post. IF in fact this is causing the dreaded flyaway, why then doesn't it go to auto RTH function if it in fact has lost ALL contact with GPS sats?

If it LOST all contact with GPS, how will it know where it current is and which direction is "HOME" and when it finally reach "home"?

MapMaker53 said:
Prylar Bek said:
SO, back to an earlier post. IF in fact this is causing the dreaded flyaway, why then doesn't it go to auto RTH function if it in fact has lost ALL contact with GPS sats?

Because in order for it to fly home it needs to know where home is in relation to where it is at the moment. Without any sat contact, it is my understanding that the bird basically goes into Alzheimer mode - so to speak. Losing sats is a very bad thing when flying autonomously or beyond line of sight. Loss of controller signal will initiate RTH. I don't think loss of GPS triggers it. Those more experienced please correct me if I'm wrong.

IT doesn't go into Alzheimer mode, it goes into Auto-Land right where it is. IF the wind is blowing, it will drift a considerable distance downwind during that landing evolution because it is basically flying in ATTI mode.

People have taken the time to respond and help out. Maybe you should take the time to read the thread in its entirety. You might find your answer.

doug86 said:
MapMaker53 said:
Prylar Bek said:

Because in order for it to fly home it needs to know where home is in relation to where it is at the moment. Without any sat contact, it is my understanding that the bird basically goes into Alzheimer mode - so to speak. Losing sats is a very bad thing when flying autonomously or beyond line of sight. Loss of controller signal will initiate RTH. I don't think loss of GPS triggers it. Those more experienced please correct me if I'm wrong.

IT doesn't go into Alzheimer mode, it goes into Auto-Land right where it is. IF the wind is blowing, it will drift a considerable distance downwind during that landing evolution because it is basically flying in ATTI mode.

My point was, it doesn't know where it is so it can't go into RTH mode.

Good point. So...if wouldn't just go into ATTI, like you manually put it into ATTI?

Mopar Bob said:
People have taken the time to respond and help out. Maybe you should take the time to read the thread in its entirety. You might find your answer.

I did smart ***, no answer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj