GPS not able to show Satellite View

Reaction score
I have the "Advanced" version and am using DJI Pilot on my android cell phone. Many times, but not always I'm not able to view the satellite view on the GPS. It just shows up as a grid. What can I do to get it back? I had the cell phone in AIRPLANE mode, but then tried it with AIRPLANE mode off, and it still would not show up. Does the GPS come from the controller or from the cell phone?
Thanks for any advice you can give.

You need to either cache the maps where you're flying before you disconnect from the Internet -OR- be connected to the Internet while flying. Otherwise, the DJI Pilot app will not be able to display the map images.

Reactions: Nick G.
You need to either cache the maps where you're flying before you disconnect from the Internet -OR- be connected to the Internet while flying. Otherwise, the DJI Pilot app will not be able to display the map images.
---
THANK YOU. Now could you please tell me how to cache the maps before hand while I am connected to internet?

Scroll around on the map in the location where you'll be flying. Make sure you zoom into the level you'd like to be at when flying. The images will download and be cached for later use.

Reactions: Nick G.
Scroll around on the map in the location where you'll be flying. Make sure you zoom into the level you'd like to be at when flying. The images will download and be cached for later use.
---
Thanks, that really helps a lot. Guess I need to increase my cache maximum limit too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers