GPS naming of photos

Reaction score
I would like to take photos with my phantom and have the files automatically named with the GPS coordinates of the drone location. Has anyone heard of such capability with any of the third party apps?

This would be invaluable when shooting hundreds of photos of land acreage, crops, etc.

Contact or Google Skybase Solutions or SkyBase mapping. They have a program called "Field Photo". You import all your photos to the app (PC only) and it takes all your photos and can label them with any GPS coordinate format and the file name as well date and time. It also exports a GPX file, GIS shape file and a Bud file that can be viewed in Google Earth. Saves a ton of time from doing each photo individually.
Skybase.ca is their website. You may. Have to contact them as this is app is not available on their site. Email Rob or Brock and they'll help you out.

Reactions: BigAl07
If you have a mac you can do this with automator easily. Just search EXIF and file rename.
Mirrorimage could you possibly
Could you please give a basic tutorial on this process. I have used automator a little bit. Would very much appreciate your info on how to do this. You can send me a message or post here. Thanks.

The quickest way would be to download these automator scripts. Here you go. See the one that says rename from EXIF?
If it doesn't make sense by morning let me know. Off to bed. Download Link PhotoRenamingActionsv2.zip

Wait I don't think that one lets you add the GPS coordinates. I'll look in the morning.

Image%202015-11-22%20at%2012.11.44%20AM.png

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie