GPS Module Upgrade

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that won't work for our Standards

I don't think the standard uses Glonass

I wasn't sure if the Standard's limitation on Sat's was software or hardware based.
If the plug for both units is the same, would the only difference be the actual GPS
module and its ability to connect to both SAT systems. I wanted to ask, so someone
much smarter than me might be able to help !!

I'm sure someone will chime in here soon... But I think its a hardware/firmware/App deal. I don't think it will pick up on it even if the connectors were the same...the main boards are different along with the HW/FW/ and all the changes in the app... Hey I could be totally wrong tho.

I've never seen anyone try this with the P3S yet, but many P2V+ owners have installed this GPS antenna on their Phantoms like this. I'm assuming the same could be done on the P3S if the above part is not compatible. It appears that it might be compatible though since the connector and screw pattern seem to match exactly:

Antenna.png

Reactions: Procharged97
See i knew someone would chime in!! Msinger has way more knowledge/experience than i do and i would go off what he says!

Reactions: Amigorick
I've never seen anyone try this with the P3S yet, but many P2V+ owners have installed this GPS antenna on their Phantoms like this. I'm assuming the same could be done on the P3S if the above part is not compatible. It appears that it might be compatible though since the connector and screw pattern seem to match exactly:

View attachment 55209

The P2V+ can do this upgrade msinger? If you guys think it could work, Ill buy it and give it a try! Someone have a link to one forsale from a reputable source? (Unless someone can provide a link to a thread somewhere on the interwebz where someone HAS TRIED this and failed.)

If the module itself is simply supplying position data to the FC then it should work fine on any device. If the module is supplying anything more detailed relating to the different constellations then it probably won't work.

The P2V+ can do this upgrade msinger? If you guys think it could work, Ill buy it and give it a try! Someone have a link to one forsale from a reputable source? (Unless someone can provide a link to a thread somewhere on the interwebz where someone HAS TRIED this and failed.)

I would like to know if this works for you. I will do the upgrade to mine too, if it works. As of right now, mine is still new and under warranty. After the warranty period is over I will definately
upgrade if it is workable !! Thanks !!

MSINGER... Do you think the P3 4K gps module might work? It seems all the GPS modules are 5 wires and the same connector.... I think it would have a better chance working if you get the phantom 3 4k module though... What is your take on it? I can find a "worked when removed" phantom 3 4k module for 25 dollars. I think I am going to order it and give it a shot.

I would like to know if this works for you. I will do the upgrade to mine too, if it works. As of right now, mine is still new and under warranty. After the warranty period is over I will definately
upgrade if it is workable !! Thanks !!
LOL I voided that stuff DAY ONE.

Reactions: Amigorick
I added this to mine and did it almost as soon as I got it. Not sure if it really got me more sats but they do stay steady and never had
issues .
b3.JPG

I added this to mine and did it almost as soon as I got it. Not sure if it really got me more sats but they do stay steady and never had
issues .
View attachment 55223
Please explain more... So you added what... to your standard?
EDIT: Picture finally loaded... i pulled up wesbite... One question still stands, is this on our standard? I don't think my standard necessarily has bad gps signal... but adding glonass wouldnt hurt.

Please explain more... So you added what... to your standard?
It's a booster that goes under your GPS . You see it in that picture .
We started doing foil mods way back to get more sat's and that helped and this guy just started making them .
Got it on e bay .
I just put it in when I had my shell off as it couldn't hurt .You can read about all the results of those mods in P2V+ mods.
It did help .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik