GPS module failure? Showing 0.0.0.0 for version

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 V+ V3 that is about 2 months old. In the last couple weeks it has developed an erratic behavior, in the Assistance software it will no longer recognize the GPS module. After an advanced calibration it came back. This has happened several times.

Doing the advanced calibration no longer works and I removed the GPS module. It is not cracked or visibly damaged. I've order a replacement module but at $160 I'm not happy about it.

Has this happened to others? Is it common? No recent crashes and it still does this even with the cable firmly connected.

iF the antenna is not broke it could be some thing on the moduels board thats broke such as if one of the components in the board came lose.

Or some thing that is common is the female contacts in the black plug that grip the pins in the plug on the main board are not tighted up and they plug in real lose. The fix for that is to use a pin to remove the contacts and there are two flat tabs on the sides of each of them contacts that are crimed on to the wires that you take a safety pin or a needle and push them tabs in farther then put the contacts back in the plug in the right order and and then it will make good contact and grip much better with a lot less slop in the plug when its plugged in.. and then no intermittent lose of gps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers