GPS Modes Sometimes (Not Always) Doesn't Hold Position

Reaction score
I sometimes have a strange problem with my drone and wonder if any others have seen this. About 10 to 20% of the time, recently, when I put my drone in P or F modes with more than 10+ satellites, it doesn't lock in at all and drifts exactly as if it's in A mode. If it happened all the time, I could see it being a serious problem with something, but it doesn't do it all the time.

The only way to fix it is to land, turn off the drone, remove the battery and then reinsert the battery and turn on again. It usually doesn't do it twice in a row. Immediately after doing this, it's completely locked in as it should be in GPS modes. I should mention that when it lands (when it's not locked in), the propellers don't turn off right away and it sometimes half flips over and spins the props into the ground... even when I try to turn them off manually. I always land in grass when this happens, but it's annoying.

Has anyone else had this problem?

the propellers don't turn off right away and it sometimes half flips over and spins the props into the ground... even when I try to turn them off manually
Are you shutting down the motors by holding the left stick down until they stop? If not, that's the best way to shut down the motors.

Try uploading your flight logs here to see if they indicate what happened.

Calibrate tour IMU make sure it's on a level surface it will help with compass errors as well as Gps signal, position, erratic behavior, unlevel gimbal and more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you shutting down the motors by holding the left stick down until they stop? If not, that's the best way to shut down the motors.

Try uploading your flight logs here to see if they indicate what happened.

Can you see the log?

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I wasn't moving it either. It was drifting and I was just trying to keep it still. You can see how many satellites I had.

Thanks.

Are you running the latest firmware?

I have experienced similar activity with my P3P. In P mode, when I take off, a 10 mph wind will blow the aircraft towards hazards. I did a manual POI the other day in P mode, the wind pulled it way off course. I set the POI in F mode and the aircraft flew in prerfect circles.
I re-calibrated IMU and compass. I am going out to test it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Casey Cassity
@russiareloaded... I re calibrated my aircraft. In the P-mode the wind still blows aircraft around. I have to be very careful, especially landing in tight areas. I think that's just the best you can do. If I take off and hover, the aircraft stays within a similar area. In ATTI-mode it drifts quite far away.

No strange sounds or warnings come up on the DJI. I just have to be careful landing in tight areas. I get a little drifting. Maybe 1to 3 foot drift. In ATTI Mode it's worse.

You would expect the bird to drift with the wind in atti mode. That mode is altitude hold only and any breeze will push it. With a good imu and strong GPS signals (not just numbers, but strength), the bird shouldn't drift more than a meter in fairly stiff winds. Of course, once the winds get too high, the phantom doesn't have enough speed to overcome.

I was flying in 3 to 11 mph winds. Maybe something more important here. My AC is 3 months old. Always takes 4 to 5 minutes to warm up. On occasion I get compass warnings. The other day I was flying under good conditions at 90 feet. Got a weak GPS warning, then DJI set p mode to ATTI mode. Then DJI stated compass problem. And lastly AC dropped out of sky.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik