Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

GPS mode Help please!

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by Baldrick, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Baldrick

Ok, so I thought I knew stuff - but perhaps I don't.
    The scenario:

I live in the country, I take off from my house (where it was recently calibrated), fly over some very tall beech trees, and practice in the field next to my home. I have on one previous occasion run out of battery in flight, causing the Phantom to rapidly descend where it was - no damage done. Another time it got to only one solid green light on battery and started flashing red, but it was just above me so I turned it off midair in my hands.
    This time it got to one solid green light on battery, I was expecting it - the lights flashed red. I was going to bring it down (it was about 8ft high only), then it veered round, and went as fast as it could back towards my house. Like I said, between my field and my house are some very tall beech trees. It hit the branch with a BANG and fell 15ft into brambles. So far nothing seems harmed...

What happened here? Why did it seem different from previous times? I am certain I did not lose signal...
    Thanks in advance - I hope your flying life is easier than mine :D
    Scared to take it out until I see why it reacted differently this time to last time...

2. rockhoundrob

I am not sure about your situation, but I would try the following;

1) set your "Fly Home" when your battery is at 25%
    2) Make sure your RTH settings shows 60 ft height (or maybe 20 meters in the UK ?)
    3) if you have 2 batteries, check that the problem isn't occurring on the same battery