GPS MODE DOES NOT WORK

first drone said:
Everything works but GPS mode. Do I need to buy a new GPS module or am I missing something simple. All the lights say it has home lock and at least 6 sat's. But it does stupid **** in GPS mode? I can't believe that I'm the only unit that has this problem.

What is "stupid ****"? Does it fly opposite directions from the way you push the stick? Does it fly around with no input from you? Does it not stay in place while hovering? Does it land on it's own? Does it refuse to move no matter what you do?

Without knowing what it is doing, you're not likely to get a satisfactory answer.

After take off it will stay about the same place for about 15 seconds and then starts to drift off away and to the left of where it was. Then the longer you don't do anything to correct the **** it's doing on it's own the faster it drifts and does it's thing. If you go to fail safe mode then you really are in the ****. It starts to come back to home position and then proceeds to try to fly away. The only reason I haven't had it fly away is because the one time I tried to see if it would RTH is because I had it tied off to my trailer.
Thanks for the reply.

Hopefully others more knowledgeable will weigh in but that sounds like a compass problem. Like a wire or connector has gone bad or come loose. Has it ever taken a hit on it's top? The GPS antenna is right under the lid and they are ceramic and have a way of cracking. You can buy generic ones that work dirt cheap.

I know there is a procedure with a magnet that can be used to reset it, but I don't remember the details. It has been discussed here before.

You have to rotate the magnet around the compass to really mess it up and then recalibrate. Just a random Q - How are the batteries in your TX? I've had drones do weird stuff because of that.

Just changed the batteries in the tx. as far as if it's hit the ground hard in a crash then the answer is yess. The compass cal. seems to still work OK. Why don't they provide you with a way in software to tell if the GPs is functions the way it should. Thanks for the replies. I checked online to see about buying a new GPS module, but those suckers are 155 dollars, Does anyone know where to find one less expensive?

Not the module, an ANTENNA. They are flat and ceramic. I think the original ones are round, but I found some square ones. They were so cheap I bought 2 even though I didn't need them because they were so cheap.

I had a cable unplugged or a connector on wrong or something after I installed my Flytrex and thought I needed a GPS unit until I found the problem. It wouldn't link at all, though.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/GP.1575.25.4.A.02/931-1015-ND/2332642

Did the square GPS unit correct your problem. I took mine apart and didn't see anything obvious that was wrong as far as connectors or broken wiring.

first drone said:
Did the square GPS unit correct your problem. I took mine apart and didn't see anything obvious that was wrong as far as connectors or broken wiring.

I haven't broken my antenna. I just saw a link to them here somewhere and bought them in case I ever needed them.

In my case, I plugged a connector in backwards while installing my Flytrex. I don't think it went together far enough to even make a connection. All I got was yellow lights.

I know that antennas cracking can be a problem if the quad takes a hit on it's top. That's why I mentioned it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31