GPS mod idea

Reaction score
Could it be a good idea to move the gps out of the shell and place it outside on top, keeping the magnetic shield as it is?
Maybe better satellites signal, better hover?
Too risky?

Last shot, what about drilling like 3 to 5 1/4" holes on top of shell, separated in circular shape, and covered with thin transparent tape to avoid dust, keeping everything else as it is?

FedeVision said:
Last shot, what about drilling like 3 to 5 1/4" holes on top of shell, separated in circular shape, and covered with thin transparent tape to avoid dust, keeping everything else as it is?

The shell is not impeding the quality of the GPS signal. You won't gain anything by doing it.

If you're trying to improve your GPS signal you could replace your std GPS "puck" with a NAZA V2 GPS/Compass combo (eliminating your remote compass) You'll get signal lock faster but drawback it sells for $200.

Attachments

• DJI NAZA GPS V2-500x500.png
    DJI NAZA GPS V2-500x500.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 700
EMCSQUAR said:
If you're trying to improve your GPS signal you could replace your std GPS "puck" with a NAZA V2 GPS/Compass combo (eliminating your remote compass) You'll get signal lock faster but drawback it sells for $200.

That's a great idea for solving the nightmare compass on the leg. Is it plug and play into the P2?

UKKey said:
EMCSQUAR said:

That's a great idea for solving the nightmare compass on the leg. Is it plug and play into the P2?

Would be very curious about this too.

UKKey said:
EMCSQUAR said:

I haven't seen it used on a P2 yet, but it should be fine...uses the same port, etc as on the P1.

I thought about this also thinking it would be better outside...but I saw a video of a guy with a f550 with the Naza on it…he was getting TBE on take off and that was from 2012…not sure of that means anything…I just ordered the F550 frame, plan on building one myself, wondering if I should use a different gps system or if this problem is just effecting phantoms

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub